cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lly duramax boost

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
what should boost be at when running 70mph on flat ground.Having problems with turbo codes,2563.I have never seen my boost go over 22-24 when I stomp on it. Have no idea were it should be.
3 REPLIES 3

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
christopherglenn wrote:
That is a "Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Performance" code.
you are over a grand for the part and install at a dealer (part is close to $700 for the lbz).
I ended up changing my turbo, to many possibility's of the vanes being choked with soot, and having to pay change it 6 months later.

Stock ~22 psi boost is all they make.

That is the code mine shows. Pull the Sensor pass side of the Turbo and clean it. All is well, this Sensor changes the fingers on your Turbo. If its not working, your Turbo is working at the default setting only.
Bolt under the Sensor is an 8MM 12 point socket. Its fun to get this bolt out.

Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
That is a "Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Performance" code.
you are over a grand for the part and install at a dealer (part is close to $700 for the lbz).
I ended up changing my turbo, to many possibility's of the vanes being choked with soot, and having to pay change it 6 months later.

Stock ~22 psi boost is all they make.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't get an answer here try the www.dieselplace.com forums.

The meduim duty forum has some folks who know everything there is to know about the Duramax engines.