cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a new bunkhouse?? Sugestions?

Redjk0769
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this afternoon in the 5th wheel section that I just sold my toy hauler and looking to get another bunk house and I think I want another 5r but not 100% sure. The reasons I like a 5r is they pull so much nicer and have alot more storage and usually more closet space in them. But we have looked at a Sunset Trail 33bd unit and really like the floor plan in that but am looking for any other bunk house model that people have been happy with that has alot of storage in them. We would like to have an outdoor kithcen as well. So lets hear those ideas? Looking to stay in the 35 foot range, I know that is big for a tag trailer but I have a big enough truck to pull it with!
5 REPLIES 5

Redjk0769
Explorer
Explorer
Goldstalker wrote:
Sunsets are big bang for the buck. We love ours!

So far the sunset 33bd! I like the passport layout of the outdoor kitchen being right in the middle!

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Cecilt wrote:
We bought a Keystone Outback 323BH

Keystone Outback 323BH

With a GVWR of 9,000 lbs and a dry weight of 8,000 lbs, that only gives you a payload capacity of 1,000 lbs. That doesn't leave you much room to load the things that a family would need. Be careful how you load your Outback because you will very easily exceed the GVWR.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Keystone Outback 323BH 3 weeks ago. My family LOVES the layout and space. Tons of interior storage. Here is one with a ton of pictures. New color scheme is out now. Cream sides, black cap, better graphics, black sides on the slide out sides. Ours was a prototype. Looks great and IMO better than the white with brown cap. Good luck.

Keystone Outback 323BH

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Skyline Nomad 298. I have the earlier version, the 297, and it is a great camper. It is built well with a massive CCC. If I was going to buy a new bunkhouse, this is the one I would get.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Sunsets are big bang for the buck. We love ours!
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander