cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for travel trailer with 100g fresh water

kofire
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm used to the toyhauler world which has large fresh water capacity. I would like to get a travel trailer and put the toys in the back of my truck and the. Have a hitch on the back of the trailer for bikes.
My dilemma is we mainly dry camp and I am used to having 150g of fresh water. What brands and models have at least 100g of fresh water? I've seen the eclipse milans which have that option but I'm unaware of any else. Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Huntindog wrote:
NY RVer wrote:
Our Jayco 28BHBE has about 90 gal or so of freshwater including the 6 in hot water heater.
Whatever the water heater holds is not important, as it is basically unusable.

Unusable ?

I use the water in my water heater to shower with all the time. :B

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I like the "idea" of a lot of freshwater but.... It is so easy to add that capacity, or use other methods, that it is not a primary consideration for me.... There are many other factors that are difficult or impossible to change that I look for first. And yes I have added additional water tanks to TTs I have owned.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
NY RVer wrote:
Our Jayco 28BHBE has about 90 gal or so of freshwater including the 6 in hot water heater.
Whatever the water heater holds is not important, as it is basically unusable.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
With space and weight constraints finding that much fresh capacity on a normal TT is going to be quite challenging. Toyhaulers are the exception as they seem to cater to big tanks all around.

Hopefully somebody has some options for you
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
My ORV Creekside has 103 gallons total fresh water. Most ORV (outdoors recreation vehicles) have the same. Arctic Fox may too. It was advertised as 80 gallons. Yellow sticker says 103. It will fill all 100 gallons of waste tanks
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

My class C came with an additional tank that was added post production.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

kofire
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
You may need to add a storage tank to the back of your truck to hold that much water.

That's just not something I'm willing to do. I could always just ad another tank under the trailer. Like I said I already know of the eclipse Milan that has the option. I'm just curious if there are any other choices. Thanks

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You may need to add a storage tank to the back of your truck to hold that much water.