cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to purchase my first TT

atrinh15
Explorer
Explorer
So im looking to purchase my first TT and im looking at a 2007 Fleetwood Wilderness 32ft. It has quad bunks 1 slide and queen bed. Are there things I should be looking for during the purchase. Ive been reading a lot of forums with people having leaks and damage to the trailer. Any help would be appreciated. And if anyone has bought this type of trailer please let me know how it has been.

Thanks in advance
atrinh15
16 REPLIES 16

Chucknbob
Explorer
Explorer
+1 on what Handey said.

If you're purchasing from an individual, you may take it to a local dealer to let them do an inspection before you purchase it. They're typically not busy this time of year, and it would be a few bucks well spent. If it's good to go, you paid for peace of mind. If it's bad, it will save you from buying a piece of junk.

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for:

Water stains on floors walls, and ceiling (look in all cabinets and closets)

Discolored vinyl flooring

Soft spots in the floor

If it has laminated sides, look for waves in the surface.

On the outside look for cracked or missing trim pieces with rusted screw heads underneath.

All of the above, are indicators of poosible leaks.

Do an operational check of all systems.

Ask the age of tires and date of last packing or replacement of the wheel
bearings.

Ask if they have loaded weights on the trailer (gross and tongue weight), and make sure your tow vehicle is rated to pull it.

At the age of that unit, it really doesn't matter who the manufacturer was. The key to it's condition is how previous owners took care of it.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)