cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love the Lance 2375 layout: but the price! Any alternatives?

TeryT
Explorer
Explorer
We've been in our Rockwood 2502 ultralight (3600# dry - see sig) going on 15 years. We've pulled it all over the country and nothing major has failed (thank you Lord!). Admittedly I am quite handy, and have done a good job keeping up after this and that.

Anyway, we've been daydreaming about what we might get if not in this trailer (for whatever reason). So I've looked around a bit and it seems that everything in the size we like (25-27') is at least a couple thousand pounds heavier! This seems to be on account of everything has slides these days . . . We like our smaller, V8 4Runner tow vehicle - it fits in the garage and is also a great vehicle for narrow mountain 4x4 roads.

I did spot something which has an awesome floor plan we really, really like - the Lance 2375. The weight is a bit more, but might be doable with the 4Runner (or other smaller V8). BUT, what I'm seeing of prices on these is quite shocking (e.g., $35k for a used 2018)! This is up there in Arctic Fox or Airstream territory price-wise!

Is the quality or materials that great on a Lance that they can justify a price tag of $50,000+ new!? We paid $16k for our Rockwood 2502 fifteen years ago, and just can't justify that kind of rarefied price for something we currently use no more than 4-6 weeks a year.

Does anybody know of a decent light-weight with that basic floor plan, with a price that won't give us a major coronary?
Mighty 4Runner Sport V8 4x4 - over 200k
Hensley Hitch
McKesh Mirrors, Geolandar G015 Tires
Hopkins Insight Brake Controller
Tranny: Hayden Cooler/Fan & CyberDyne Gauge
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic fluids everywhere!
Rockwood 2502 Ultralight TT (3600 lb. dry)!
20 REPLIES 20

TeryT
Explorer
Explorer
badercubed wrote:
Coachman Apex Nano 213RDS

This is our first year in our Apex Nano, but the build quality is very good and you can't beat their weights for what you get in their floorplans.
Thanks for sharing that! It is not bad on the weight department at all and is the closest I've seen weight-wise in a 25' to our Rockwood 2502. It looks like it only has one propane tank - is that correct? And also only a two burner stove with no oven, right?
Hensley Hitch

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
In our research it does appear that Lance does practice superior craftsmanship on they're units.
The 2375 is exactly what we're looking at and will likely be the route we take.

Grand Designs has some floorplans we like also as does ORV.
Good luck and keep us posted.

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
Coachman Apex Nano 213RDS

This is our first year in our Apex Nano, but the build quality is very good and you can't beat their weights for what you get in their floorplans.
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a Lance you are going to have to pay for it. If you think an Airstream is in the same price range you better look again. The Artic Fox although "top notch" will be just as expensive and more than likely too heavy for your 4Runner. Trailer Hitch RV in Nopomo,CA says they are the cheapest on the west coast and they still want $39 to $43K for the 2375. Good luck in your search.
lance

lance 2375
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

TeryT
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Don't know where you found your price tag for that model, but if it was on the internet, I'm pretty sure once you start negotiating with a dealership, the price will come down. Internet prices (or manufacturers suggested prices) are indeed horrifying.

I did a simple search on Keystone's web site for a travel trailer that had an equivelant size and floor plan as the one you are considering. Well...... the listed price is $37,533. Now THAT even surprised me. I think it could be purchased, with the right kind of haggling for about $25,000 (brand spankin' new). Click here.

My current 5er listed for $74,597. Out the door was $66.800.26. And we added on Wheel and Tire protection, a Service Contract, and Fabric Protection, and GAP insurance.

So, the moral of the story is, don't be shocked at internet prices. When wheeling-and-dealing with the actual salesman, you'll do much, much better.

I hear ya! When we bought ours from a dealer back in 2005, I showed them the RV Wholesaler price and they came down about 25% on this one! But still, even the used Lance prices seem through the roof - are they worth it?

Thanks for the link to the Keystone, but that unit is longer and about a 1000 lbs more, with much heavier tongue weight (SUVs are real sensitive to tongue weight!). But this Keystone looks a little closer to what we're thinking: Keystone 24 LHSWE
Hensley Hitch

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know where you found your price tag for that model, but if it was on the internet, I'm pretty sure once you start negotiating with a dealership, the price will come down. Internet prices (or manufacturers suggested prices) are indeed horrifying.

I did a simple search on Keystone's web site for a travel trailer that had an equivelant size and floor plan as the one you are considering. Well...... the listed price is $37,533. Now THAT even surprised me. I think it could be purchased, with the right kind of haggling for about $25,000 (brand spankin' new). Click here.

My current 5er listed for $74,597. Out the door was $66.800.26. And we added on Wheel and Tire protection, a Service Contract, and Fabric Protection, and GAP insurance.

So, the moral of the story is, don't be shocked at internet prices. When wheeling-and-dealing with the actual salesman, you'll do much, much better.