cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Battery Voltage

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS. After a 4hr trip home, low voltage prevented the slide from opening. The fridge was running during the trip. Plugged in and opened the slide. The next day I had the battery tested and it's fine. I verified that the truck charges the battery. Yesterday, with battery at 13.6, I unplugged. Fridge was running. This AM, 6.3 volts.

What direction do I need to head? Only the fridge and propane detector were running on the battery.
2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber
32 REPLIES 32

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check the DC distribution panel for battery voltage with shore power disconnected and tow vehicle disconnected. Possible that the charge line from TV is not providing power. Possible that battery fuse in distribution panel blown.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If plugged in and showing 13.6, does not mean battery was fully charged. However if battery showed only 6.3, after just being unplugged overnight, with minimal draw, I'd say you need a new battery.

Did a competent person load test your battery, and say it was fine? Unless your battery has been abused, often times allowed to drop to 50% or less, it should have lasted more than two years.

A four hour trip should have charged the battery some, but if very low to begin with, not enough to operate the slide on it's own.

I'd have it load tested again, as it should not drop to 6.3 overnight. I think you will be needing a new battery.

Jerry

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a 12 volt compressor refrigerator? If so, what is the power consumption vs. the battery specs? Just one battery?
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi