cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxx Air Vent cover

ssemalone
Explorer
Explorer
so putting on a Maxx air vent cover, Instructions say the vent should be facing the back of the TT but the vent it is covering opens toward the front, any problem mounting the maxx air facing the front of the TT???
11 REPLIES 11

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
If you install it, let us know how it works out facing the other way.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
As has been said.. DO NOT install it backwards.
Wind speeds going forwards could exceed 100 MPH, if towing in a headwind... The Maxair is good, but it's not that good.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Rumtan
Explorer
Explorer
If the OP could post a pic it may clarify everything.
2013 Keystone Passport 2100RB
2015 F150 ecoboost
Fish-O-Holic;)

Larryect
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if there is a miss-understanding of opening to the front or rear. The hinge of the vent cover should be towards the front of the trailer with the opening when the vent is up to the rear of the trailer so it would not act as a scoop while going down the road. Otherwise it needs to be reversed. I do know of a dealer that has installed them backwards and also slide toppers upside down.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
ssemalone wrote:
so putting on a Maxx air vent cover, Instructions say the vent should be facing the back of the TT but the vent it is covering opens toward the front, any problem mounting the maxx air facing the front of the TT???

You will need to re-orient the vent lid towards the rear of the trailer - that is the correct orientation of any vent lid. With that done the vent cover can be oriented facing the rear of the trailer so that when the lid is open it is parallel to the sloped front of the vent cover.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
NHIrish wrote:

You should re-install the vent correctly and then add the cover.

X2
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Man, unless someone installed this vent after it was sold, you kind of wonder where the QC department at the manufacturer was the day this was made.

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
I would say lots of problems....like it being ripped off on the road by the 60 mph winds you subject it to. I have never seen a vent mounted with the opening to the front...is this a new unit or did someone install the vent wrong.

You should re-install the vent correctly and then add the cover.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

Gazzer
Explorer
Explorer
If I am understanding what you are saying, your crank-up vent when looking from the front of your trailer opens at the front and hinges at the rear? If this is the case it was installed backwards. I would not install the MaxxAir cover to accommodate the trailer vent if it's backwards like this. You want the Maxx Air vent side to be facing the rear of the trailer!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
It would seem your regular vent is backwards, it should be the other way to begin with. Putting a MaxxAir cover over it facing frontwards should not be a problem unless you want it open while towing, particularly in the rain. I've seen them that way before but if it were mine, I would turn the regular roof one around.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I might be confused by your post...but, I would certainly not mount the opening (louvers) facing the front. The air stream from driving at 60+ mph down the road might rip the cover right off.

Also..think about driving down the road in a rain storm...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro