cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

May not want to swap tire sizes on that Ram just yet..

dpatt67
Explorer
Explorer
I had made a post a week ago about switching wheels and tires on my '13 Ram 2500 from it's factory size of 17" to the '14's 20" size. I got the tires and TPMS sensors switched over to the 20" wheels and then took it to the dealer to have the computer flashed to recognize the new size for the speedo. No go. All the truck would recognize is the factory size. So, if you are looking to change tire sizes on your late model Ram and want an accurate speedo and odo, you are probably out of luck. I post this to let others know that late model vehicles don't want you to change them, even tire sizes.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4
2014 Cross Roads Zinger 31sb
16 REPLIES 16

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
If you're not changing the overall diameter of the tires there's no change needed for the speedo. IIRC anything less than 4% error is acceptable.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
The dealers are only able to calibrate to sizes that the truck could come stock with. The largest option are the 17's. There are aftermarket programmers that can recalibrate the speedo on the newer trucks. Hypertech and bullydog seem to be the most popular. See here
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley