cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might be time for new TV.....

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
Started my truck this morning to go and get oil filter for DW's car. Immediately noticed the flashing "Lamp Out" warning light on the dash. While checking the lights the truck engine seemed to stumble a couple of times.

For lights I have driver's side day time running light working, passenger side rear tail light, and the only turn signal is front passenger side. Everything worked 3 days ago when I parked the truck.

I know there is an engine code identifying the Control Module as a problem. A "reconditioned" control module is about $2500 at the nearest parts place. This is after I just spent close to another $3K on engine repairs, with no noticeable improvement. Although it has to go back and have everything re-torqued and double checked, because the parts put on are subject to a lot of heat/cool cycling.

Just need to find some work to pay for the new TV.
Dan
17 REPLIES 17

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Well that sucks, but on a nother note, I can't think of any thing on an engine that would need to be "re torqued". I'd start by finding a new mechanic.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
There are some outfits that will mail order reconditioned ECMs. You may get a better deal. Do an internet search for ECM Repair or ECM Recondition and see if you find something helpful.

Good luck,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ouch!!! What is the make and year? It would have to be fairly new to justify that kind of money.