cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mind teaser, tech issue..

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fishing for your thoughts. My 1500 Suburban has recently started acting up. A couple of months ago I released the parking brake and the dash lights lit up like a Christmas tree and it put it's self in 4x4. I restarted, everything normal. A week or more ago the security light started coming on while driving. In the last few days more lights have started coming on while driving,ABS, seatbelt, low fuel, gas gauge bouncing around, no tow haul, battery light and AC fan speed constantly changing. I pulled the dash apart looking for a short, tried a new body control module, cleaned a few grounds, had the alternator and battery tested. All good, issue persist. I discovered today that when I turn the AC off, all the issues go away. So, it seems to possibly be a power issue related to the AC.

We're going camping Thursday. I'm going to pull the camper and let my wife bring the dogs in her car (with AC). Where should I look next? Maybe a ground specific to the AC? Suggestions please? I just refuse to let this thing beat me..
16 REPLIES 16

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
How old is the battery?? Have it load tested. Over 3 years old, replace it.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could be low voltage caused by the extra A/C load.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob