Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving Travel Trailer Bed

Lovealicia
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there,
I have a 1994 Komfort 25' travel trailer that I have been remodeling. I've taken out the very oddly placed dinette and couch, and opened up the living area, and now I am moving on to the bedroom.

The bed in my very small bedroom is positioned in a way that gives me less than a foot on either side. The closets are pretty much inaccessible unless you are kneeling on the bed. Thing is, the room is exactly 75 inches going the other way. If I were to rebuild the bed to be wall to wall length-wise, I would end up with almost three feet of space on the one side (I also saved myself about six inches by buying a full mattress). The only thing I would have to do would be to move the water tank, basically putting it hot dog instead of hamburger. I would also have to remove the cabinets and cupboards, which is fine because they are useless the way they are.

My question is, has anybody essentially gutted their RV bedroom and then rebuilt the bed going a different way? I looked online, and I wasn't able to find a remodel to this extent. Also, I was thinking it might be a balance issue, but the way the entire trailer was originally set up doesn't seem very balanced to me. And by keeping the water tank in the middle of the room, it shouldn't be weighing it to one side or the other.

Anywho, looking for pics, advice, comments, pretty much anything you can give me before I take on this task.
2 REPLIES 2

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
You are a better person than I to tackle a project like that. Good for you. I had fun last week just replacing my water pump in the TT. It sounds like your thinking it through each step. Go for it. I have stripped every thing out of TT and used it for storage but never like your doing
samsontdog:o:W

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you have enough experience to do the job right, go for it.