Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Murphy bed for TT

smsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

Thinking about getting a TT with a Murphy Bed to maximize space. Pros and cons? Thanks for your thoughts.
5 REPLIES 5

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Our HTT didn't have a pass thru storage and we never missed it....just stowed those items elsewhere or carried them in the truck. It did have an outside storage in the rear but was such a pain to get to that we never used it. Any time you can tow shorter/smaller and then enjoy more space, I'm all for it. Haven't actually seen the MiniLites in person, but we're on our second Rockwood and have been very pleased with both. Rockwood/Flagstaff....same thing just different trim.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of years ago we looked at some Micro Lites w/ the Murphy beds. Really liked them for the room the Murphy beds provided in a relatively short TT. However, I did not like the lack of pass through storage.

joelh wrote:
We have a 23 ft Flagstaff micro lite with a front murphy bed. Really like the space it gives us. Ours had a sofa under the Murphy and it feels like a much bigger camper. We replaced the stock mattress with a memory foam mattress and it will will fold up and lock just fine
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

smsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the information. It is a BIG help.

joelh
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 23 ft Flagstaff micro lite with a front murphy bed. Really like the space it gives us. Ours had a sofa under the Murphy and it feels like a much bigger camper. We replaced the stock mattress with a memory foam mattress and it will will fold up and lock just fine
2010 Viewfinder 24

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the clearance you have if you want to use a different (better) mattress. Also, on the Jayco model w/murphy bed that we looked at, it took away from having a pass through storage area in the front of the trailer. I like the idea of a murphy bed, but haven't seen a trailer with one that has the features we want. But, your needs may be different, so check out as many trailers as you can and see what you think.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption