cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nash 17k

SamCol
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for input from any owners of this TT and what are you pulling it with.
15 REPLIES 15

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at all the dealers in the PNW, online and found that every dealer seems to order them just a little bit different.

Some order them with thermal pane windows.
Some order them with generators, which drivers up the price about $3500, which pushes it above what most people are will to spend on a small trailer.

The actual length is about 19' of body length.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

SamCol
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the info. Going to look at the 17k. ๐Ÿ™‚

LFish
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our Nash 17k for 3 summers now & love it. Our favorite feature is the rear dinette surrrounded by windows. So great to enjoy the scenery in the mornings or cool evenings. Tons of storage space, don't feel cramped. We fit in public campgrounds just fine. Good luck making your choice.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'm getting turned off by having two trucks, and have been contemplating going a different route for an RV and selling my AF811 truck camper and my dually.

Another unit I have seen online is the Black Rock 17B.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at a used 17K today. All I saw was the outside, and while it's a nice looking RV, this one had been driven hard and put away wet. It had all kinds of corrosion on the front diamond plate, and plenty of rust on the frame, wheel wells, rear bumper, etc - all from being used in the winter, on roads covered in de-icer and gravel or sand.

I'm not bashing Northwood, I'm simply stating that this one wasn't taken care of very well.

The roof was stained orange too, which was really bizarre. One of the photos shows the orange roof.

Here's the CL ad: http://spokane.craigslist.org/rvs/5172740687.html

It's for sale by the 3rd owner, so the previous owners are the ones responsible for not keeping up on washing the undercarriage.

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
RVJimofOregon wrote:
...With Ron Nash health problems and the management change maybe things have changed.
Flagman

Non issue there as the forum has no corporate affiliation with the actual company. The forum is run by an owner of a Northwood RV.

That is a bummer and as I havn't used it for 10 years don't know how big a problem that is.
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,โ€œIt was loaned to you by your childrenโ€
Indian proverb

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
RVJimofOregon wrote:
...With Ron Nash health problems and the management change maybe things have changed.
Flagman

Non issue there as the forum has no corporate affiliation with the actual company. The forum is run by an owner of a Northwood RV.
Bob

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
RVJimofOregon wrote:
Go to the owners site for Nash products and read the posts. Don't have a Nash anymore but when I did found out a lot of good info on the site.
The Flaguy

THe problem with that forum is they extort money out of you in order to even see the good sections of the forum.
I've never seen a forum block access to all the good stuff until you pay them.

I have not looked for years and as a founding member maybe I am grandfather in.
On the other hand my Discovery owners group for my Motor Home had a annual dues that let me in on the forum. Over the years it was the BEST money I ever spent. Don't know how many hundreds of dollars I saved from ideas. So sometimes spending a few bucks might save money in the long run. I might have to sign on to the Nash site and see what is going on. With Ron Nash health problems and the management change maybe things have changed.
Flagman
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,โ€œIt was loaned to you by your childrenโ€
Indian proverb

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
RVJimofOregon wrote:
Go to the owners site for Nash products and read the posts. Don't have a Nash anymore but when I did found out a lot of good info on the site.
The Flaguy

THe problem with that forum is they extort money out of you in order to even see the good sections of the forum.
I've never seen a forum block access to all the good stuff until you pay them.
Bob

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
The Flaguy
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

Indian proverb

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I've been considering either a 17k or 18L. 18L was discontinued - last year built was 2015 model year I think.

Any more input on the 17K?
Seems like at resale time, the 18L might be a tough sell because of the smallish rear bed which is barely big enough for two people, from what I can see in photos on various ads online.

17K on the other hand, has full size queen, but no sofa, and less storage than the 18L.
Bob

LFish
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our Nash 17k for two years and we are very happy. Our favorite feature is the rear dinette with the 3 large windows. We also appreciate the full-sized queen bed. It's held up well and we are pleased with the quality. All the systems seem robust (same as for much larger trailers), and we are great for storage room and counter space. No regrets, haven't seen any trailers to match ours for this size and quality we were seeking.

sandstravels
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Nash 23d and it is the best built rig I've had yet. Very solid and well built. You won't be disappointed with the 17k.
2016 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD, 4x4, CC, D/A
2015 Nash 23d

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
certified offroad chassis. Can even get and Onan under it. I think this guy has one
http://www.simplelivingandsimpletravel.com/2013/05/one-trailer-two-trailers-one-trailer.html