cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding a TT with these features...

vesh1717
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all

Believe me, I have looked well. I have looked on these forums, and there was a recent thread that was similar, but not quite what I am looking for. I have also looked through different floor plans offered by manufacturers, but I still haven't found the best fit. But maybe all of you know some better options. I would really appreciate the help.

I have a family of 4, 2 young kids, possibly another in the future.
Tow vehicle is 2012 Ram 1500 Crew cab Hemi 3.92, payload 1150 (I know, so low).

Therefore, I am looking to keep the GVWR of the TT around 6500 to 7500.

Other things we want.

-length 26-28
-one slide
-bunks (2 is fine, cause 3 or 4 prob require longer TT)
-a door to the bunkhouse would be a bonus, but I haven't seen many in the 26-28 length that have a door
-seperate room for wife and I, with door preferably. (this seems to be tough with the length I'm looking for)

I'm not picky about brand/make, but I'm not sure which are well made and which aren't, so feedback would be welcome.
32 REPLIES 32

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
I too am doing a very long search for the "right" TT..

Here are the best sites..

The forest river inc. site includes all FR (which is alot!, Palomino, coachmen, shasta . Keystone is also a huge amount of products.

All the below includes so many that if you cant find it in one of these manufactures, it probably does not exist.

FR

keystone.. Many in here as well

open range

prime time..

jayco

starcraft
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of bunk models by Jayco, Keystone, many more. I have a Keystone Sprinter, it's just the wife and I and I had a hard time finding a trailer used that didn't have the bunks. Quality wise we really like our a Sprinter just remember you have 31/2 tons of home bouncing down the roads so no matter what brand you settle on there will be things breaking from time to time.

JBinOR
Explorer
Explorer
We really like our JayFlight 26BH. It does not have a slide, or a door to our bedroom, just a curtain, but you can get a double over double bunk bed in the back, which can help if there are more. They should be under 5000 lbs. delivered. Jayco does make a similar layout with a slide too, but it will cost more and weigh more.
1999 Chevy Express 3500 5.7L
Jayco 26BH