cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with old trailer

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine bought a used, old, trailer called Trail Ease by Trail Lite. We are looking for an owner's manual to try and find some stuff on the trailer. Does anybody on here have this trailer or know of someone who does? It appears the company is out of business so this might be fruitless, but really need some help. Thanks to anybody who can point me in some direction.
John A. Lichty
7 REPLIES 7

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to recall that they made the Trail Ease in the 70's. Those older trailers were all fairly generic. Wiring will be mostly in the ceiling, a simple converter/straight power supply, with typical RV appliances. The furnace and water heater may have hand-lighting pilot lights. Beyond that, they are all similar in construction and running gear from that period.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help you guys. I know this is an old trailer and most of the manuals are very generic as to the whole line. Just have to keep searching. Ozlander, thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it.
John A. Lichty

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
What is the year and model number.

Try http://www.r-visioncamping.org/index.php
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless he can find someone with the exact same model and year who has taken it apart, he's just gonna have to start poking around everywhere to see what is what. I had a 2007 Trail-Lite and I took off every panel that I could to see where and how it was put together. I also went online and printed out every manual for all the appliances, pump, radio, etc. and made my own manual. Most of the time, everything is pretty straight forward and can be fixed or replaced with standard hardware.
Good luck.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may have better luck finding appliance specific manuals and the contents will be much more helpful.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
The one he has is "very" general and pretty much useless for what we are looking for. I doubt there is a separate manual for the water pump and the electrical system for this trailer. And, since it's not longer in business, I really need some help from someone who may own one of these or has owned one.
John A. Lichty

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
Manuals for the overall trailer are usually very general and generic. Look for manuals for the individual appliances and you will find them to be far more specific and useful.