cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ford Ranger Towing a Jayco Caravan

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to the owner.. He was pretty pleased with his purchase. It is a rough road version. He noticed the slideout cover was slightly off centre, causing stress on the fabric. Factory is taking back to have it done in the factory.

11 REPLIES 11

j_p_f_
Explorer
Explorer
still have my 99 ranger, most reliable truck I ever had!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Ranger was pulling this , about 24 Ft long

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
I am surprised that Ford hasn't re-introduced it yet. With the number of sales that GM is brining in with the Canyon/Colorado, Ford has to be kicking themselves for waiting too long.

Sales are now going down as sales in General have gone down

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
I liked them for what they were (cheap easy to work on 4x4 with a stick that could handle light jobs) don't understand them now (assuming they are on par with the chevy Colorado) since they are darn close to the same price, not really much better on gas and much less capable.

Ford should call the Ranger the F100, not really that small. US version will have a weight of roughly 4,000lb. Global version a lot heavier 4,900lb

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
K Charles wrote:
I want a new ford ranger.

Not me, son just got rid of his Ranger - too small, much prefer the space in a 1/2 ton. :B

Current Ranger is as big as a 2003 F150. Wildtrak version weighs 4,900lb, same as a 2.7 Ecoboost F150

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
I put 230,000 miles on a 1989 Ranger then passed it on to my son-in-law.

Found memories of that old stick shift. 🙂

Daughter and I restored an 89 for her first car. Has put around 20k on it since. Loves it.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised that Ford hasn't re-introduced it yet. With the number of sales that GM is brining in with the Canyon/Colorado, Ford has to be kicking themselves for waiting too long.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I liked them for what they were (cheap easy to work on 4x4 with a stick that could handle light jobs) don't understand them now (assuming they are on par with the chevy Colorado) since they are darn close to the same price, not really much better on gas and much less capable.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put 230,000 miles on a 1989 Ranger then passed it on to my son-in-law.

Found memories of that old stick shift. 🙂
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:

Not me, son just got rid of his Ranger - too small, much prefer the space in a 1/2 ton. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer