Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Member - First Camper

bryris
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

I bought a 2004 Keystone Cabana today for 3,500. I knocked down the price some 1,400 off asking because there is a little bit of water damage above the microwave and in the bathroom. Very minor, in my mind, but I do want to get it addressed.

The squawks found so far:

1. Two leaks Ive found. One above microwave and one above bathroom. If I reach my hand through into the insolation, it is wet. Been a very rainy last three days and I washed the roof today.

2. Right brake light cover is missing.

3. The front bed covering zipper is busted, so cannot zip closed. Probably a minor fix....have to study it harder.

4. The bathroom light cover is missing.

5. The dining room table wood is pretty rough. Pretty much going to have to build a new table or buy one.

The upsides are many, just not listed here.

We are in the midst of cleaning it all up thoroughly. Have a dehumidifier in there running which will stay in there all of the time, so that should help dry out any water in there.

Any help at all on the 5 issues would be great. But the number one squawk are the two roof leaks. Should I reseal the roof or get a pro out to assess how I should proceed? We got the trailer for a good price for what it is, so I am prepared to sink another couple grand in it if needed to get roof sound and fix the other minor issues.
18 REPLIES 18

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the camper. Welcome to the forum. Leaks can destroy a camper quickly. Get em repaired.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on yer new to you TT. As previously stated, get the roof in order and the leaks fixed most rikki-tick. I'd prefer to have any number of problems except a water leak. A water leak left unaddressed will totally ruin an RV most quickly.

Happy camping!!! See y'al down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Water leaks are serious business. Fix it asap.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new camper...

Get after the leaks asap. Water intrusion is a real biggie when it comes to an RV. The other issues are minor and can wait..Leaks not so much.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro