cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nexen Roadian HTX RH5 or Cooper Discoverer HT3

freddmc
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience with these tires. Tire Rack has the Nexen and Tread Depot has the Coopers.
And speaking of Tire Rack (or the other on line retailers for tires) how has it worked out where you buy them online and they ship them to a local tire store for mounting and balancing. It seems to me the local dealer wouldn't be too crazy about mounting tires that you bought from someone else instead of them or do they just look at it as incremental business.

Regards

Fred
5 REPLIES 5

Shepherd
Explorer
Explorer
Same tire on my 14 ram cc.:h
2018 Ram 3500 CC aisin/4.10
2014 Rushmore Monticello

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
In the absence of empirical evidence (although it sounds like Bird Freak has had all the evidence he can take), I tend to gravitate toward brand names I can actually pronounce and aren't nonsense words.

Nexen Roadian? What the heck is that???

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

1oldtruck
Explorer
Explorer
I bought Goodyear tires from a large online retailer and took them to a local installer. The tires were barely within limits of being round. Never could get them balanced well. No response for warranty. Have never purchased online again. Buying local pays dividends when you need assistance. The cost difference wasn't significant by the time you drive away with new tires, especially if you are spending time returning for a rebalance or replacement tires.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put two Nexens on the back of my truck and 4 on my 5er at the suggestion of my dealer. Rears on truck were worn out with in 15K miles and had two blow outs on 5er with in 5K miles. Took the others off and junked. trailer tires had only worn 1/32 tread off and Nexen refused any warranty. All were LT tires.
They are junk tires.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper tires have been around for many years unlike the other brand.

The Cooper Discoverer HT3 LT replace the old Cooper SRM II LT tires which I have used off and on for years on my trucks and trailers. If the Discoverer HT3 LTs are as good as the SRM II then Copper has another winner IMO.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides