cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

norcold fridge not working on AC or LP

philliaw
Explorer
Explorer
When turning on my norcold fridge (dont have model handy, can get if neccessary) it does not cool in fridge or freezer at all. Switch is in auto position and the AC and LP light is on. Switching to gas or unplugging camper normally causes the LP to light like normal but it does nothing now. If it were a fuse problem or control board issue would I still get lights on the front of the fridge? Also, I don't remember both the LP and AC lights being on at the same time before. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Are your battery connections good? I think the battery has to have a good connection for the LP to work?
I don't know what year yours is but ours was a part of a recall Norcold had with the high temp sensor. The recall box got wet and failed and our fridge was showing an error code (LI oP) on the display on the front. Google your year and model #. There is a lot of information online about Norcold fridges, manuals included. Maybe call Norcold directly. We ultimately took ours back to the dealer to diagnose and repair. Norcold supplied the replacement parts and also paid for the labor to have everything fixed.
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cumminsยฎ Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
There is likely a Norcold fridge manual online, but you only have to put it into a Google search with the model number. It's a good place to start.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

philliaw
Explorer
Explorer
Also, the is a red X indicator that normally tells me if the LP has not lit correctly. That X indicator is not lit