cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not Drawing from Antifreeze Inlet

MentallyRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Rockwood 8329SS TT. Last year when I winterized, everything went great. This year it will not draw antifreeze from the exterior antifreeze inlet.
1) I have bypassed and drained the water heater
2) Flipped the valve next to the pump to draw from the antifreeze inlet and not from the tank
3) Removed the water filter
4) Released the pressure from the city water inlet
5) Opened a faucet at the sink.
The pump pumped a few ounces of antifreeze into the empty water filter housing and then it runs continually as if it is not building up pressure. What have I missed.

PS. When the pump is running, I put my hand over the exterior antifreeze port and can feel a very weak suction.
2013 Ford F150
Equil-i-zer, Prodigy
2016 Shamrock 23WS
5 REPLIES 5

MentallyRetired
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
sounds like you might have a loose fitting, your sucking air ,maybe right at the pump fitting.

Thanks midnightsadie! You were right. The cap that holds a strainer in place next to the pump was loose. Tightened it and everything worked great. Thanks again.
2013 Ford F150
Equil-i-zer, Prodigy
2016 Shamrock 23WS

ZeeLet50
Explorer
Explorer
I ran into the same problem. Had to pour pink into hose first to prime and then it worked. kills my idea of running a permanent hose thru the floor to draw out of the bottle in the fall. I did install the bypass valve.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
gmw photos wrote:
Try "priming" the inlet hose to the fresh pump. Use a small funnel to fill the hose with pink stuff, hold your finger over the end of it, then quickly shove it into your container of a-freeze. The turn on the pump and see if you get a solid flow.
That is just what I have to do sometimes.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Try "priming" the inlet hose to the fresh pump. Use a small funnel to fill the hose with pink stuff, hold your finger over the end of it, then quickly shove it into your container of a-freeze. The turn on the pump and see if you get a solid flow.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds like you might have a loose fitting, your sucking air ,maybe right at the pump fitting.