cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not today

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not today but all week it seemed like. On Tuesday I decided to de-winterize the rig. I thought about two hours then onto the next project. Now when I flush I usually just fill the tank and go from there. This day I decided to you the city hook-up, I never use this for anything. I flushed the system, water coming from all faucets. Now time to fill the tank and sanitize, that's when the problem started. I filled the tank put the Clorox in and started to run it through the system. THe water in the bath was running shut the faucet off, turned on the kitchen water came through then stopped. What the devil is going on. I check all of the connections, no leaks. I hook the city water back up, no water. Okay, must be a bad faucet. I head to HD and pick one up, $124.00 and I need two adapters to connect the different size lines, both female 12/38 in. The sales person says here is what you need. Get home open the package, nope will not fit.Wed. I head out can't find what I need. Go back to HD another associate says this is what I need. He seemed like he know what he was talking about, we open the package and sure enough it part fits. I tell him I need two, he says there are two in the package. I get home and yup there are two adapters, freakin different sizes. The next day I head back to HD and the same guy says oh ya there are two different sizes, ok. He said you'll need brass, a little more costly,
no problem. I get home without looking at the package and **** wrong size. I turn around go back HD I find what I need by myself this time, problem solved, sort of. I turn on the pump no freakin water. I take the feed lines apart close the bypass valves and blow the lines backwards. Put everything back together, I have water. What an ordeal, I must say...
20 REPLIES 20

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
They always act like their experts on every subject,even if you explain you been doing this work your whole life,some will still give you bad info.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterized my TC yesterday. The kitchen faucet was very slow. Took apart the strainer and was surprised at the trash. There were actually two screen pieces and a nice collection of "stuff" in between and on top of the screens.

Took the third try, but I got the strainer back together after finding the last piece in the sink.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Agggh! That sounds like such a giant PITA. My sympathies.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
If HD is Home Depot I never have any luck finding what I need there.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
We have come a long way from the bucket from the creek eh?

Sometimes progress seems regressive... ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope your first outing goes smoothly.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

ab257
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of times when I de-winterized and put the chlorine in, some bio film in the lines broke free and plugged up the aerators in the faucets. Thought it was the faucet at first, too.
NE PA
Ford F350 (2008 XLT CC LWB 6.4L Diesel 4x4 ESOF 3.73 DRW 17"A/S
Upper/Lower Stable Loads, Airbags, Bilsteins)
Host Yukon (1 Slideout, Tent, Solar, 2-way Fridge, AGM)
Jeep Rubicon (Blue Ox tow, Patriot Brake, Tork Hitch, Voyager Cam)