cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions on 2016 Coachman Apex 259BHSS?

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Was hoping someone on here has this model/year and can comment on its durability, pros/cons, floorplan likes/dislikes, etc.

May look at a used one (original owner and kept/maintained in top notch condition). $18K asking price

I don't need a lite model, (I have Super Duty) but the double size bunks and restroom accessible from outside are items that I like/need. Plus the wife likes items that are kept in XLNT condition.

Our uses:
....7-8 times per year in Southwest (CA, NV, AZ, NM) from 2-7 days at a time), wife and I plus 14yo DS, small dog....and at times our 19yo DS will go when not in school.

Does "lite" mean less thick: walls, cabinetry, floor, roof, frame, etc?

Thanks
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
2 REPLIES 2

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Not the same model as your targeted model. We have the Apex 279RLSS. Purchased in 2016. Pulled cross country 7000 + miles round trip. No concerning problems at all. Separate bedroom/bathroom door is a big plus. Did some minor mods to fit our needs. We probably have 14000 miles or so with original tires and the trailer still looks great. Usually camp in the North Carolina Mountains, a few hours from home, hence the low miles.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Baja Man wrote:
Was hoping someone on here has this model/year and can comment on its durability, pros/cons, floorplan likes/dislikes, etc.

May look at a used one (original owner and kept/maintained in top notch condition). $18K asking price

I don't need a lite model, (I have Super Duty) but the double size bunks and restroom accessible from outside are items that I like/need. Plus the wife likes items that are kept in XLNT condition.

Our uses:
....7-8 times per year in Southwest (CA, NV, AZ, NM) from 2-7 days at a time), wife and I plus 14yo DS, small dog....and at times our 19yo DS will go when not in school.

Does "lite" mean less thick: walls, cabinetry, floor, roof, frame, etc?

Thanks

In this case no. If you will check. you will see the Apex has side walls made of azdel, which is 50% lighter, ands stronger than Luan. It also has a higher R value insulation property.

While I don't have that model. I do have a 2013 Apex 2880BHS. And at this time. It still looks like new. I really love that I can get into the bathroom from outside with out walking thru the TT. Is it perfect, no. But it has held up very well. We have at times had 10 people sleeping in it. I have no complaints.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers