cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

opinions on jayco jay flight 28bhs

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Hi my family is new to rving if anyone has or has experience with a 2013 Jayco Jay flight 28bhs let me know what you think. This will be our first RV and almost put money down on it, but still am a little hesitant. thanks
58 REPLIES 58

Bearhawk
Explorer
Explorer
So I am a bit late to the thread, but I Love my Jayco. One of my neighbours has a similar model as above with the smaller slide and lower weight. I went with the super slide as it gave me a separate room, door to the kids bunks and lots of room in the living area for a dog and everyone if it rains. When he saw inside mine he could not believe how roomy it felt. It was a big factor in our purchase.

I think my model is not offered any more. 29FBS

Enjoy your Trailer.
Bearhawk (n): A Plansbuilt Amature Aircraft. An expensive hobby that was replaced by 2007 29FBS Jayco Jayflight G2 & 2008 F350 Crew with 6.4L Diesel
At least this adventure flew off the drawing board and running out of fuel is not as dangerous! :B

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
uzikaduzi wrote:
i didn't think the 26bh felt cramped at all but the old saying "a happy wife is a happy life" is pretty true. i wish i would have seen one of 28bhs's before we got the 267bhs. i'd like to see how close the couch is to the dinette with slide out... i see the 2013's list the 267bhs at 5319 pds... mine is a 2014 and the sticker says 5900 pds. i din't even notice that the couch on mine was shorter until i got it home and laid on it. i'm still happy but admittedly i should have taken more time looking around. we were upgrading from a 73 holiday rambler that my grandfather bought new and were quite excited to have something new that everything worked the way it's supposed to

The space isn't to bad since it is a half slide but the walkway is just inches wider than the walk way between our galley and dinette.

The biggest issues we had is if the sofa is used as a bed, you better make sure you like the person sleeping on the sofa because you'll almost be sleeping with them.

Plus when the sofa is made into a bed, there will be very little walk room inbetween to get to the bathroom.

On top of that, I just never liked the sofa across from the dinette as it just 'feels' to cramped with it across. I do like the floorplan with the sofa and dinette, side by side, next to each other though. If it had a full depth slide, we may had considered it more. It was our second favorite that was in our weight and cost range.

I just didn't like how the space was wasted on the kitchen, which I would had perfered it be used on a more spacious sitting area instead of a spacious kitchen.

But as I said, it was our 2nd favorite so I did like it but nothing is perfect. If I wanted perfect, I say take that 25BHS with a hide a bed.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

uzikaduzi
Explorer
Explorer
i didn't think the 26bh felt cramped at all but the old saying "a happy wife is a happy life" is pretty true. i wish i would have seen one of 28bhs's before we got the 267bhs. i'd like to see how close the couch is to the dinette with slide out... i see the 2013's list the 267bhs at 5319 pds... mine is a 2014 and the sticker says 5900 pds. i din't even notice that the couch on mine was shorter until i got it home and laid on it. i'm still happy but admittedly i should have taken more time looking around. we were upgrading from a 73 holiday rambler that my grandfather bought new and were quite excited to have something new that everything worked the way it's supposed to

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
uzikaduzi wrote:
Hey Mike up- we actually almost bought the same trailer you have... we decided to go with the 267bhs... tried to talk my wife into the 26bh because of the 1200 pds less weight but she hated how the couch felt cramped... we're happy but i still think going with what you got would have towed better with her f150 with the 4.6

We don't find it cramped at all. In fact us we find just the opposite. We love it because the sofa is out of the way instead of right on top of the dinette where people can have their legs right in the walkway.

We wanted a longer sofa so 3 or 4 people could sit. With a lot of the superslide models, you have to watch as they have love seats at 60" not sofas.

The 22FB is the same. While it shares the floorplan with 26BH (minus corner bedroom and corner bathroom), it has the shorter 60" sofa for some reason.

I really love how the Jayco Jay Flight standard line didn't stray from the better build they had years ago. The Swifts are not built the same as I did a lot of research to stay with the standard line. The main reason is I came from a 2008 19BH Jayflight that got hail damaged. I wanted the same build features with some added amenities and sleep area.

The models that had the 70 - 72" sofas in a superslide where so heavy you would need a 3/4 ton. I don't want to go bigger. I really didn't want to go as big as this as I already found some great state park campsites I couldn't fit into.:M

I did love my Pop Ups but they were all made so cheap and constantly fell apart, and/or the tarp would pull and leak at the seams. THESE WERE BRAND NEW STARCRAFT (leaking tarp) AND ROCKWOOD (garbage build) POP UPS!!

The models I like are the 26RKS (with bunk & sofa option) and the 25BHS model as both have full size sofas. But they are over 1000 lbs heavier than my model which I wouldn't want something that heavy.

I thought your 267BHS model was only about 500 lbs. more than the 26BH. My 2012 model was brochure speced at ~4850 lbs. 2013 models were lightened up somehow.

I did consider your model but liked the features of the Jayflight standard line and we needed the longer couch as we often have guests that would need it for sitting and sleeping. In honesty, if I hadn't been spoiled already by in floor ducted heating and really wanted the 90 gallon fresh water tank along with some other amenities, I would had considered the 267BHS strong and hard but we camp with only electric in the Indiana State parks so I really wanted the bigger fresh water tanks.

My second choice camper was the 28BHS but after the wife and I made our decision, the 26BH came out the clear winner for our wants and needs.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

DerekV
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats I live in the lower mainland as well and that trailer is one of the most popular you will see it everywhere locally. Take your first trip to Fort Camping in Fort Langley, nice and close to home for the first trip in case you forget anything and the kids will love it there.
2010 Jayco Eagle Superlite 256RKS
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Cummins

uzikaduzi
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Mike up- we actually almost bought the same trailer you have... we decided to go with the 267bhs... tried to talk my wife into the 26bh because of the 1200 pds less weight but she hated how the couch felt cramped... we're happy but i still think going with what you got would have towed better with her f150 with the 4.6

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Going to upgrade the truck in a couple of years to a crewcab then take it on a long trip, but we all fit for now.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer. If the kids are small you are OK with that 1/2 ton club cab, but if they need more leg room better start thinking about a Super Crew or full size crew cab. All the best with your new purchase, it truly is an investment in your family if you use it often. Hans
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking camper.

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer

Here's a bigger pic. You can see the small slide. It does make some difference for space inside but not like big slides.

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking about the 28bhs for a few years. Most liked: 80 gallon fw tank, ride height, large kitchen, and 7500 gw.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

rightyouareken
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new JayFlight! I have the "childless couple" Jayflight model (no bunks) but we really like our trailer. We've been in it 7 nights so far on 3 trips (bought in March). I've been pleased by the lack of major issues in build quality so far. Seems sturdy and when I poke my head around inside cabinets and under things like the couch it seems pretty well finished. Only issues we've had we're a leaking fitting on the bath sink which I tightened by hand to fix, and a finicky furnace that the dealer had to replace the igniter on which seems like an Attwood issue, not a Jayco one. Other than that everything works and fits well. We love our floorplan and the nice features that come on the Jayflight line.
2012 Ford F150 FX4 5.0 3.73 SuperCrew Short Bed
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS, Equal-i-zer 1k hitch

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, question for you 28BH owners. How does the small slide compare to say a super slide? Why did you choose the shallow slide of the 28BH over, say the super slide version? I am just wondering, no stone throwing, etc. Are the Couch slides more stable since they are smaller? Do they really open up the room on the inside? Thanks!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
We picked the platinum interior, but they were all very similar in style.