cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host Mammoth

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago I phoned in an order. (After a few weeks of negotiating) My wife and I have been in a few of them. This will be out 3rd TC and our 8th RV. 4 MH 24, 34, 40 and 45 ft. 2 other TC and a 5th wheel.

We always have a MH and a TC at the same time. Now it is a 5th wheel and TC. They get used for diff things.

Didn't get a lot of options. I feel I can do a better job with the batts, inverter, and the TV's.

Ordered, double couch, leather or what passes for leather on both.
3 slides are now standard, no choice, thats what I was told.
micro/convection
sealed burner top
upgraded escape hatch
9k btu AC
gas electric hot water
swing out brackets, they should be standard.
power awning.

It is prob diff from what most people would order but we have ben camping traveling for a long time. I will add 4 or 6 6v batts and a 3k inverter. I also have a pair of honda 2 k gen.
I will only carry 1. I don;t think they have started the build. I was told it would be in around the end of Jan. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
548 REPLIES 548

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Found some pictures of the new 2018 outside graphics and the pecan interiors on the Apache camping center website nice to see what it looks like built it was hard to picture from the samples . Still would like to see what the dark decor looks like all together .
Still waiting for ours
Mike
http://www.apachecamping.com/
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie wrote:
does 20 pages qualify for a sticky?

I have no clue on that, But I would have appreciated a thread like this when I was looking at the Mammoth on line. The nearest dealer is 3 states away.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

therobzilla
Explorer
Explorer
When we were at the plant on the 13th, they were building the first Cascade with the new layout. Very nice floorplan for sure. Didn't get any pics, but it really was nice.

Bedlam
They've done that before. You don't see the Aspen on their site right now because the SB Rainier took its place.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
It's a redesign layout and not a lift and replace of a single component. Sent you a txt Bedlam.

Bedlam
In the Cascade, I'm guessing the theater seating replaces the dinette because the rear slide is the same width as the Mammoth. If this is the case, it would be easy to offer this option in the Everest, Cascade and Rainier instead of the current dinette.

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen prototype layouts of the Cascade with theater seats in it. Hopefully they are working that into both the Mammoth and Everest models as options.

Don't want to post pics of that here since Randall hasn't said it's ok.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Bedlam, that was funny!!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

therobzilla
Explorer
Explorer
That's a great one.... lol

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
good one! Rolling all over our spacious floor plan laughing aloud.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Bedlam
No, this thread is just proportional to the TC size.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
does 20 pages qualify for a sticky?
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Bedlam
If you were to take the Everest slide layout but use the Mammoth center wall and right slide configuration for the kitchen, it would free up space on the left slide for a love seat and the full length rear slide would have room for recliners.

Bedlam
zb39 wrote:
Wikel wrote:
Wish they would come up with a solution for a mammoth with theater chairs in place of the dinette/couch. Seems like they got everything working except reclining seats. Sure you can try a wall hugger to replace the rear couch but there's not much room width wise and it's also in a odd position around the door.

Seems like nobody is solving for what EC is offering in the 1165/1200. That's a shame because I think there are lots of folks that don't like the dinette and are looking for something more relaxing. Empty nesters don't really care about additional sleeping areas.

Liked the EC chairs, hated the quality of the overall product.

Liked the Mammoth quality, storage but still hoping for an eventual dinette and couch replacement to theater recliners 🙂

I'm still a few years out but one can hope.

In looking at my 6 foot couch(it replaced the dinette) I think it would be easy to put 2 theatre
chairs there. Maybe check out flex steel or Brad and Hall(I think that is the correct name)
There is 6 feet of space there to work with and you could bring them out a few inches so they recline. Only issue is the heater is under the left side, would probably need moved. Maybe move furnace between the chairs under a small cabinet built to hold remote and drinks.

Under your couch is not just the heater. If you look closely, you will see the rest of the black/gray tank from the bathroom also sits under the couch. If you were to pull up your couch, it sits on a box the full length of the slide.

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie wrote:
spearfisherman71 wrote:
We however didn't like the double couch and needed an oven

With the oven taking up the large drawer, where do you store pots and pans? Upper cabinet over sink? I've spent a little time trying to find a narrow (50" wide?) reclining type of double or oversized chair and I know if I find one, I would lose the wide drawer under my small couch. That's my only option right now for a more comfortable seating arrangement.

We got the non reclining couch that has storage below. That's where we put a few misc items, all of the utensils and small kitchen items fit in the drawer under the oven, and all the pots and pans fit in the kitchen cabinet just to your right as you enter the camper. It's a pretty tight fit, but we bought a pot set from camping world that the handles are detachable and each pot stacks inside each other. they only take up about a 12x12 area. I mounted the garbage can on the inside of the door under the sink, which still allows room for thinks like bug spray and cleaning supplies.