cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host Mammoth

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago I phoned in an order. (After a few weeks of negotiating) My wife and I have been in a few of them. This will be out 3rd TC and our 8th RV. 4 MH 24, 34, 40 and 45 ft. 2 other TC and a 5th wheel.

We always have a MH and a TC at the same time. Now it is a 5th wheel and TC. They get used for diff things.

Didn't get a lot of options. I feel I can do a better job with the batts, inverter, and the TV's.

Ordered, double couch, leather or what passes for leather on both.
3 slides are now standard, no choice, thats what I was told.
micro/convection
sealed burner top
upgraded escape hatch
9k btu AC
gas electric hot water
swing out brackets, they should be standard.
power awning.

It is prob diff from what most people would order but we have ben camping traveling for a long time. I will add 4 or 6 6v batts and a 3k inverter. I also have a pair of honda 2 k gen.
I will only carry 1. I don;t think they have started the build. I was told it would be in around the end of Jan. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
548 REPLIES 548

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Wikel wrote:
Wish they would come up with a solution for a mammoth with theater chairs in place of the dinette/couch. Seems like they got everything working except reclining seats. Sure you can try a wall hugger to replace the rear couch but there's not much room width wise and it's also in a odd position around the door.

Seems like nobody is solving for what EC is offering in the 1165/1200. That's a shame because I think there are lots of folks that don't like the dinette and are looking for something more relaxing. Empty nesters don't really care about additional sleeping areas.

Liked the EC chairs, hated the quality of the overall product.

Liked the Mammoth quality, storage but still hoping for an eventual dinette and couch replacement to theater recliners 🙂

I'm still a few years out but one can hope.

In looking at my 6 foot couch(it replaced the dinette) I think it would be easy to put 2 theatre
chairs there. Maybe check out flex steel or Brad and Hall(I think that is the correct name)
There is 6 feet of space there to work with and you could bring them out a few inches so they recline. Only issue is the heater is under the left side, would probably need moved. Maybe move furnace between the chairs under a small cabinet built to hold remote and drinks.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
zb39 wrote:
Bedlam, have you heard anything new on your order. You must be going crazy............

We're scheduled to pick up our new Mammoth the third week of April. Apache RV and Host have been good at keeping the schedule on time and keeping me aware of changes since I placed my order. I have high expectations of both and have no reason to believe they will not deliver on them.

I'm hoping for an updated Torklift product to go with this TC. We'll see if this makes my required deadline of the first week of May...

The 3rd week of April can't come fast enough. It's getting close. Congrats and I want to see pics. I know you have trips planed, it will be fun.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
spearfisherman71 wrote:
We however didn't like the double couch and needed an oven

With the oven taking up the large drawer, where do you store pots and pans? Upper cabinet over sink? I've spent a little time trying to find a narrow (50" wide?) reclining type of double or oversized chair and I know if I find one, I would lose the wide drawer under my small couch. That's my only option right now for a more comfortable seating arrangement.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
We had our minds set on the Everest for a good while. We were fortunate to get to see both models on the lot. We spent most of the day back and forth. The electric heater/fireplace with it's digital thermostat, the huge pantry, and huge back window were why we went with the mammoth. We however didn't like the double couch and needed an oven so we placed an order shortly after we looked at it. Was also able to look at both ec models and articfox. The other two didn't appeal to us at all compared to the host. Now that we've used our for a while, every once in a while the wife will comment that she wouldn't have been able to fit all our groceries in the Everest. Also the views out the big window makes the camper feel more open.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
The fridge is a little odd, but understand why they had to do that with the layout in the Everest. It still is just a TC, how many steps do you really have to take with your frozen burrito to the microwave? The full couch with that big window in the Everest is amazing. If I had to choose between the 2, I would be on the fence, both super cool rigs.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Wish they would come up with a solution for a mammoth with theater chairs in place of the dinette/couch. Seems like they got everything working except reclining seats. Sure you can try a wall hugger to replace the rear couch but there's not much room width wise and it's also in a odd position around the door.

Seems like nobody is solving for what EC is offering in the 1165/1200. That's a shame because I think there are lots of folks that don't like the dinette and are looking for something more relaxing. Empty nesters don't really care about additional sleeping areas.

Liked the EC chairs, hated the quality of the overall product.

Liked the Mammoth quality, storage but still hoping for an eventual dinette and couch replacement to theater recliners 🙂

I'm still a few years out but one can hope.

therobzilla
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
Have you tried the T&N mattress before? I'd like to hear feedback on it. I currently have a Temperpedic which I love but it is too firm for the wife. T&N looks a lot cheaper too

We have a T&N store her in Phoenix. We went to the store and checked out the mattress and were impressed.

There are other online mattress suppliers that are cheaper and have the same style mattress.

We're absolutely going to purchase an online mattress, T&N is on there top of the list.

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried the T&N mattress before? I'd like to hear feedback on it. I currently have a Temperpedic which I love but it is too firm for the wife. T&N looks a lot cheaper too

therobzilla
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
The Everest layout must be something that others don't mind. The Chalet, Lance and Eagle Cap 1160 have this fridge position too.

It was not all that bad, but when we started talking about it, I was sold on having the extra couch and the fridge closer to the kitchen area. At least that was our thought pattern.

The wife and I were able to tour Host on the 16th of March week or so ago. I have been around truck campers for a while and I was highly impressed with the way they are building the Host campers.

We got to see the new colors, as they were building literally the first of the Pecan color in the US, the color scheme was very nice, I was glad we picked that color. We debated back and forth over the color.

Ours is on schedule to ship on the 12th of this month, we should see the camper here in AZ hopefully on or around the end of the week of the 12th.....

We deleted the bed and ordered a Tuff&Needle style mattress, and had some other specific requests on our order when we place it with Tom's.

Bedlam
The Everest layout must be something that others don't mind. The Chalet, Lance and Eagle Cap 1160 have this fridge position too.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

therobzilla
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
The same basic shell between the Everest and Mammoth, but the left kitchen/bath side is shorter so the rear couch slide can be longer. The location of the fridge did not make sense and you lose the pantry and fireplace on the middle wall of the Everest. We did like the cab over layout better and Host will put that in the Mammoth. If you look at the layout options of the Everest and Mammoth cab overs, any of those can be done in either unit. Although I don't see it advertised, you may be able to replace the dinette with a second couch in the Everest. If you are set on getting the external TV bay, it is only available in the Mammoth and Chinook models.

^^^^^

What he said... LOL The Everest has the fridge on the complete opposite side of the camper, it's not really user friendly if your cooking meals, and like said, with the Mammoth you can get the second couch in the rear slide. The pantry space was more with the Mammoth than the Everest.

Overall we considered both, and the Mammoth was the best layout in my opinion.

Bedlam
The same basic shell between the Everest and Mammoth, but the left kitchen/bath side is shorter so the rear couch slide can be longer. The location of the fridge did not make sense and you lose the pantry and fireplace on the middle wall of the Everest. We did like the cab over layout better and Host will put that in the Mammoth. If you look at the layout options of the Everest and Mammoth cab overs, any of those can be done in either unit. Although I don't see it advertised, you may be able to replace the dinette with a second couch in the Everest. If you are set on getting the external TV bay, it is only available in the Mammoth and Chinook models.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
I'm curious if any of the Mammoth buyers considered the Everest? Pretty much the same price point and the Everest gives a wider rear couch. That half couch/ loveseat on the Mammoth doesn't look very comfortable and too short to lie down. Are the other differences?

My wife and I did consider the Host Everest. We went for the Mammoth because we could get 2 couches. Or 1 6 foot couch that makes into a bed and 1 4 foot love seat that makes into a bed for really short people. We like having options on where to actually sit in the camper.

This was the one thing we did not like about our AF. No place to sit except the dinette. Look at the double couch option on the Host web site. It explains it well. We also really like the high low table because it is very adjustable and user friendly. The mammoth was just a really good fit for us. Leaving tuesday night for 6 days, can't wait.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious if any of the Mammoth buyers considered the Everest? Pretty much the same price point and the Everest gives a wider rear couch. That half couch/ loveseat on the Mammoth doesn't look very comfortable and too short to lie down. Are the other differences?

Bedlam
zb39 wrote:
Bedlam, have you heard anything new on your order. You must be going crazy............

We're scheduled to pick up our new Mammoth the third week of April. Apache RV and Host have been good at keeping the schedule on time and keeping me aware of changes since I placed my order. I have high expectations of both and have no reason to believe they will not deliver on them.

I'm hoping for an updated Torklift product to go with this TC. We'll see if this makes my required deadline of the first week of May...