cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host Mammoth

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago I phoned in an order. (After a few weeks of negotiating) My wife and I have been in a few of them. This will be out 3rd TC and our 8th RV. 4 MH 24, 34, 40 and 45 ft. 2 other TC and a 5th wheel.

We always have a MH and a TC at the same time. Now it is a 5th wheel and TC. They get used for diff things.

Didn't get a lot of options. I feel I can do a better job with the batts, inverter, and the TV's.

Ordered, double couch, leather or what passes for leather on both.
3 slides are now standard, no choice, thats what I was told.
micro/convection
sealed burner top
upgraded escape hatch
9k btu AC
gas electric hot water
swing out brackets, they should be standard.
power awning.

It is prob diff from what most people would order but we have ben camping traveling for a long time. I will add 4 or 6 6v batts and a 3k inverter. I also have a pair of honda 2 k gen.
I will only carry 1. I don;t think they have started the build. I was told it would be in around the end of Jan. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
548 REPLIES 548

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam, DW says it looks fine to her and the skylight is a plus.

Bedlam
GeoBoy wrote:
Just curious why the ceiling in the bed area is so shallow? The trend lately is to open up the ceiling in the bed area.

Arctic Fox is the latest to go to a tall cap (I think Chalet was the first). The extra head room is welcome inside but it does make these bricks even less aerodynamic with the taller front face.

This will be the layout of our Host cab over which still feels more open than our Arctic Fox which was prior to their cab over height change:

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Bedlam
The basement is large enough to lay on your side or back inside and reach everything. This basement is taller than your truck bed rails. If you have a spare twin mattress, it can become the MIL unit or your dog house.

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimh425 wrote:
bigfootford wrote:
How does one get into the basement to do any repair or modifications or upgrades?

My Host which isn't a Mammoth also has a front access door accessible when the camper is off the truck as well as an access door at the steps, and it's possible to get into the basement there. However, it looks to me like everything but the tanks is pretty well exposed.

Did you have anything in mind as a project?

I was just curious how one would get in there to do work.

My camper is a Bigfoot 2500. Basement has no equipment in it. It does have a front access also. My basement height is about 12 inches.

Jt
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
bigfootford wrote:
How does one get into the basement to do any repair or modifications or upgrades?

My Host which isn't a Mammoth also has a front access door accessible when the camper is off the truck as well as an access door at the steps, and it's possible to get into the basement there. However, it looks to me like everything but the tanks is pretty well exposed.

Did you have anything in mind as a project?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Troutguy
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Can You put this on an F-150?

There are many things you can do in life but should not do. If you're looking for a place to stabilize your Host, I think saw horses are cheaper than a F-150.

And sawhorses would probably carry the load better than an F-150.

RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 DRW

Cummins HO, Aisin trans and 4:10 gears, 14,000 lb GVWR
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Truck Camper &

Honda EU2000

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Boy this is one impressive camper... Host does make a nice rig.

Question, just curious:

The workmanship and layout of the equipment in there is commendable for sure.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
They must have gone with the double latches shortly after your build. After you mentioned that, I did remember seeing the first Hosts with just one latch.

The black tank flush has been an unlisted option for the last couple of years and is now standard. zb39 has the flush with 2017 graphics on his Mammoth.

I also have double latches on the basement storage. I do not have the slide out tray.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious why the ceiling in the bed area is so shallow? The trend lately is to open up the ceiling in the bed area.

Bedlam
Can You put this on an F-150?

There are many things you can do in life but should not do. If you're looking for a place to stabilize your Host, I think saw horses are cheaper than a F-150.

Beautiful, how much are we roughly look at for something like this?

OTD with TTL (if applicable) cost could start under $50K and go up from there based on the options and customizations you want. Base MSRP in 2017 was under $45k, but there are some additional required selections based on what you want in the slides. Most of the MSRP configurations you will see on dealer lots are in the low to high 60's. If you checked every option off the list, your MSRP would be about $75k.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Those poor tires on that trailer!
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful, how much are we roughly look at for something like this? I am about to dump my 2017 Lance 1172 with all the problems I have had.

Troutguy
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
The build will be done before Easter but most likely will be picking it up the following week. 2018's have a new exterior color highlight:

WOW!! Thanks Bedlam....I just put a deposit on a 17' RAM 3500 Dually Cummings/ Aisin yesterday .......now you really have me thinking!!
It's only money.......
Can You put this on an F-150? (Smiley face didn't work)

RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 DRW

Cummins HO, Aisin trans and 4:10 gears, 14,000 lb GVWR
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Truck Camper &

Honda EU2000

Bedlam
They must have gone with the double latches shortly after your build. After you mentioned that, I did remember seeing the first Hosts with just one latch.

The black tank flush has been an unlisted option for the last couple of years and is now standard. zb39 has the flush with 2017 graphics on his Mammoth.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like they went with dual latches on the back door (storage with tray)instead of 1.
Is that a tank rinse next to the blank tank valve in the dinette slide? Nice new look. Congrats!
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body