cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host Mammoth

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago I phoned in an order. (After a few weeks of negotiating) My wife and I have been in a few of them. This will be out 3rd TC and our 8th RV. 4 MH 24, 34, 40 and 45 ft. 2 other TC and a 5th wheel.

We always have a MH and a TC at the same time. Now it is a 5th wheel and TC. They get used for diff things.

Didn't get a lot of options. I feel I can do a better job with the batts, inverter, and the TV's.

Ordered, double couch, leather or what passes for leather on both.
3 slides are now standard, no choice, thats what I was told.
micro/convection
sealed burner top
upgraded escape hatch
9k btu AC
gas electric hot water
swing out brackets, they should be standard.
power awning.

It is prob diff from what most people would order but we have ben camping traveling for a long time. I will add 4 or 6 6v batts and a 3k inverter. I also have a pair of honda 2 k gen.
I will only carry 1. I don;t think they have started the build. I was told it would be in around the end of Jan. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
548 REPLIES 548

Bedlam
The build will be done before Easter but most likely will be picking it up the following week. 2018's have a new exterior color highlight:

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam, have you heard anything new on your order. You must be going crazy............We will be going to KY first week of April. Putting in my inverter this weekend. Then its on to the TV's, sound bar, DVD, etc
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
My Mammoth will be completed until mid April. When we ordered ours this past September, they were not sure when they were going to cut over to the 2018 models, but we were going to get one of the first ones. It appears that some of the earlier build dates are now 2018's and our build remained locked in its original slot.

We already have trips planned for May, June, July, September and October. By the time we actually get our Host, we may have the remaining months of the year figured out.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam, thanks for posting the pics. What do you hear on yours? Seems like they are getting ordered or coming in fast right now. Maybe spring is coming.

I'm happy with the way the batteries went in. I should have a ton of power when boon docking now.
I will still carry at least 1 2k honda. Still waiting for 4k inverter.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
Pictures of the Host Mammoth roof:

Bedlam
Pictures of zb39's generator bay with batteries:

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
zb39 wrote:
Over the weekend I installed the 6 6 volt batteries. 4 in the gen compartment and 2 in the batt compartment.

That's cool. I'm assuming you ran your plan to put four batteries in that compartment by Host. Am I right?

Yes, you are correct. There is even more room in there. But 4 batteries in enough weight in there.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
zb39 wrote:
Over the weekend I installed the 6 6 volt batteries. 4 in the gen compartment and 2 in the batt compartment.

That's cool. I'm assuming you ran your plan to put four batteries in that compartment by Host. Am I right?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Over the weekend I installed the 6 6 volt batteries. 4 in the gen compartment and 2 in the batt compartment. They work great. I also ordered my 4k pure sine wave inverter. Will get that installed as soon as it shows up. I will try to get some pics up also. I also had requests for pics of the roof. I will send those in also.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have the storage slide in mine, we wanted the weight savings. I just got a 5ft long dowel, put a storage hook on the end, and presto chango, I can easily retrieve or push storage boxes into the basement.

The generator compartment can be easily extended downward.

I also changed the round sewer storage system to a square vinyl fence post because the good hoses do not fit.

Last, we also run a 1.3kw PSW Inverter/charger with boost along with 4ea 6v cells in a star config (2 in the battery compartment, 2 in the generator compartment). Works great, and I can run the A/C off a 2k generator along with the 320watts of solar on the roof.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm glad Host continues to have nice color schemes. I like both of those! I can't wait to see the pictures after they have them in a camper!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Bedlam
These are the two color schemes shot against a teak table for color reference. The wallboard and flooring is still the same. The Smoke is above and Pecan bellow.

Click For Full-Size Image

Close ups of these swatches are bellow:

Smoke wood

Smoke cloth

Smoke trim

Smoke ultra-leather

Pecan wood

Pecan cloth

Pecan trim

Pecan ultra-leather

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I'll try to take some pictures of the sample swatches for the two new 2018 color schemes this weekend. The Smoke River is a charcoal wood grain and seating material with tan patterned compliment trim. The Pecan Decor is wood that is a little darker than the Birch but not as red as the Cherry. This one uses tan seating material and a charcoal compliment trim. If you go ultra-leather, they now have a charcoal and darker tan material compared to the current lighter tan.

Thanks Bedlam I have been waiting for the samples but have yet to actually see them ourselves if you have them or pictures it would be very helpful. we did really like the cherry decor but I guess we will be unable to get it. just from your description we may be leaning to the pecan. which are you going with and which of the older decors were you going to get ?
Thanks
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Bedlam
I'll try to take some pictures of the sample swatches for the two new 2018 color schemes this weekend. The Smoke River is a charcoal wood grain and seating material with tan patterned compliment trim. The Pecan Decor is wood that is a little darker than the Birch but not as red as the Cherry. This one uses tan seating material and a charcoal compliment trim. If you go ultra-leather, they now have a charcoal and darker tan material compared to the current lighter tan.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a deposit on a mammoth due in April has anyone heard the news of new interior decor's? I understand they are called pecan/brown and smoker/? has anyone seen them or the samples? we really liked the cherry but I understand it is no longer available ?
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's