cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Personalized license plate?

kylekai
Explorer
Explorer
Many people seem to not want to show the license plate on their truck, but they can be fun and interesting. Here's mine:

Anyone else have a personalized license plate that describes their truck camper?
39 REPLIES 39

Sheriffdoug
Explorer
Explorer
" I'm so vain, I guess this thread is just about me", sing this thinking of the Carly Simon lyrics.

I L O V E., personalised plates!!!
2012 Ram 4x4 Crew Laramie LB 3500 HO Auto diesel
Eagle Cap 1160 Super Springs Big Wig Sway Bar Front Timbrens, Fastguns
RearCam SolarPnl Expdtion Shvel/Axe Kit
Thermopane Windows,, Dcted Heat & R/cycle aircon
Genset WoblStopprs

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the late 70s Missouri didn't allow personalized plates but did allow plates with four special numbers for some odd reason. Our son had "4077" on his VW bug because he was a big fan of the TV show MASH. My wife JoAnn has for the past several years had JO-SEWS on her car, and she does.
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
They aren't a waste of money. Fees go to to support charitable organizations, wildlife conservation, etc.
Bob

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I'd never waste the money, money that could be used to enhance our life experiences.

I spend money on travel, on solar, inverter, battery upgrades... any mod that adds to the TC experience.

I buy the best to start with... no chips, no over sized tires, no exhaust systems that let me pretend I have a diesel...

buy the best up front, it's far less expensive in the long run.

BTW... Personalized licence plates are actually known as VANITY PLATES

I guess that I'm just not that vain.

sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's mine....
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
C.A. get plenty of my money for reg. each yr
I refuse to pay more for a vanity plate!!!!!

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
In Washington it used to cost about 30.00 a year extra
Bob

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not mine, but one I saw on a van some time ago: NCC-1701
Ask a Star Trek fan if you don't get it... ๐Ÿ™‚
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I have my last name and my last name with the letter 2 in my shed. I don't use them anymore. They were for the truck and the fiver I full timed in for 9 years... Now I would like DAKONMT (dakonthemountain.) Then you would all know it was me on the road. Other people would have to figure it out... ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
I like....
IBCAMPN
or
IMCAMPN
7 letter max here in Minnesota.
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the old beastie:

The square tubing below is a bracket for the mandatory mud guards on lifted 4x4's in No. Calif.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
I belong to the AZ Lightning owners club. For those that are unaware they are performance pick up trucks. A buddy of mine has FASTAZL.(FAST as hell)
I really liked it and requested it for my Race trailer. My son and I pulled a drag truck (94Lightning) in a 37 ft enclosed trailer. We were headed to a track in Mo. and thought it would be cool. State denied us. F350 Dually was LTNGPLR. Lightning puller.
When I sold the 350 and bought a F550 I had to put a commercial plate on it. Only 5 characters. Now my son has LTNGPLR and I need to figure out a new plate.

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer
Not on my vehicle but one of may favorites.

Daughter has HEENAH on her Jeep. (it is what her brother called her when he was little)

Wife and I have our Ham calls on our vehicles. I will transfer mine to the coach when we get it. I will try to come up with something for the toad.

FLDNGO (fold and go) was taken so I didn't get one for the camper. I needed tags for it and didn't have time to come up with something.
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bedlam wrote:
wnjj wrote:
One of the more clever ones I heard about was a Corvette with 35SAM, which is the police code for "stolen vehicle." I think the owner was a LEO and that is one subtle way to let the others know.

Auto theft is usually code 503 or 10851. I have not heard that one used so it may be locale specific.

It is actually 10-35S. 10-35 (confidential info) codes are (or at least were) used in Washington County, OR along with other 10 codes. There are lettered versions of 10-35 for caution, warrants, gang members and stolen vehicle. Many of the 10 codes were common elsewhere but some are pretty local, apparently.

Sorry for the derailment....now back to our regularly scheduled topic.