cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans w/ bath open to bedroom? (Split bath, walk-thru bath)

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new favorite floorplan (:)) is with bath open to bedroom area, either with rear kitchen or rear living. Below are pictures of the plans that I know of.

Do you know of any other manufacturers of similar floorplans?

Thank you!

Hideout 24RLSWE – 28’9”

Arctic Fox 25Y – 30’0”

Timber Ridge 240RKS – 28’8”

Snow River 246RKS- 28’4”

Hideout 23RKSWE – 28’6”

26 REPLIES 26

Wes_Tausend
Explorer
Explorer

These are all great floorplans. My DW (DearWife) and I love to peruse room arrangements and various plans. I understand why these styles appeal to you.

I think our plan is similar to Barney's. We finally settled on a walk-through bath to save wasting hallway as you and Barney likewise. Because of the extra wall at the foot, our bedroom is then a little more cramped, but we use the large bath aisle for dressing anyway. So do our guests, all taking turns:

We often invite guests that need to maintain privacy too, and nobody has to crawl over anybody to get to the bathroom. We leave both doors slightly ajar overnight and whoever uses the bathroom shuts both tight, then cracks them again a bit for signal when done. Guests have remarked that our camper is the most convenient plan to double in.

As a bonus, the doubledoor bit keeps both sleeping areas amazingly sound isolated from the other, even when cracked open. When we camp alone, my wife often closes both bath doors in the morning to keep from disturbing me, the one who stayed up late by the campfire. Also, if I shower late, or she showers early, we do not disturb the other as much with a door in between.

Incidentally, your 246RKS photo is oversized for the page, causing readers to have to scroll sideways.

Enjoy your new camper, whatever you decide.

Wes
Days spent camping are not subtracted from one's total.
- 2019 Leprechaun 311FS Class C
- Linda, Wes and Quincy the Standard Brown Poodle

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently, you don't plan on having anyone else camp with you. Part of the reason I chose my current 5th wheel was because of the private bathroom, and bedroom with a door on it. I often have family stay with me in the unit and all like their privacy, especially while in bed or in the bathroom (think middle of the night). Just something to be considered.

redwing10
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Arctic Fox 25Y and really enjoy the floor plan as it makes the bedroom feel bigger and you have a separate toilet room.
Tom and Dianne
2015 Arctic Fox 25Y
2015.5 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax
ProPride 3P 1400# WDH

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just checking back on this.

I've looked at a lot of floorplans. Some have walk through baths and split baths (like Rockwood 2604), but I'm not finding any others that have the bedroom/bathroom feel as open the plans in the original post.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Outback 277RL has the rear living room and bathroom that leads to the bedroom and the passsge around. It also has 1 slide in the living room and 1 slide in the bedroom.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5”box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

goatrancher
Explorer
Explorer
There are rear living plans where you do not have to go through the bath to get to the bed room. The passage is to the side. The Wildwood 27rlss is one, although there are others.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am kind of wondering why you need the bedroom to feel "more open". Normally, not much time is spent in there other than for sleeping.

Personally, I would keep the bedroom less open and devote the limited space to the living area or bathroom. Really only need enough room to walk around the bed for making it up.

Those floorplans do open up the bathroom area though. Not sure I would care for that as my wife is an early riser and would disturb my beauty sleep in the mornings. :E

Our bathroom takes up the whole width of the trailer so is quite large, has solid doors between it and the bedroom and the living area, and is used for dressing as well as the other normal uses.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:
Nearly every maker has similar plans

I agree they have similar plans with rear kitchen or rear living, but the bath (shower/sink) open to the bedroom like these plans is pretty unusual I think?

I'm still trying to find others.

It makes the bedroom feel more open than if there is not a wall near the foot of the bed.

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife'nHubby wrote:
Based only on floor plan, the last two would be my choice for one specific reason: The dinette is on the curb side - because of this, when you are at a campsite you can see outside to your own campsite if stuck dining inside. I prefer to overlook my own site - not my neighbors site. 🙂

Good perspective! Thank you 🙂

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Jay Flight 26RKS it is close to what you want. They did change the bath some for 2016 (and possibly 2015). I have a 2013 that is much more open.
Downside might be what has been said about the dinette being on the curb side limiting the view.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly every maker has similar plans
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Wife_nHubby
Explorer
Explorer
Based only on floor plan, the last two would be my choice for one specific reason: The dinette is on the curb side - because of this, when you are at a campsite you can see outside to your own campsite if stuck dining inside. I prefer to overlook my own site - not my neighbors site. 🙂
Wisconsin - the best place to be!