cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable generators...What brand?

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I am looking to purchase a portable inverter generator. Want one to run my Lance TC with a 11,000 BTU Dometic penguin roof AC. Now the AC unit on my Lance runs off a regular outlet in my garage with 30 to 15 amp adaptor and extension chord. I know the best choice is the Honda 2000i or a Yamaha EF 2000iS but has any fellow TCers owned or used any of the other less expensive brands like the Hyundai hy2000si 2200 watt, the Champion 73531i 2000 watt inverter, the Powerhouse ph21pri 2100 watt inverter, which I think camping world sells, or the Kipor Ig 2000 watt generator.
33 REPLIES 33

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We happened upon a new Hyundi 2000si for $200. Right Place, right time. Our friends have had one a few years for their 26' TT. They have had no issue. I have no idea on the price other than what we paid.

eagle777
Explorer
Explorer
i have a champion but hardly use it but have it just in case i need it somewhere. the hondas and yams are good and think most may buy due to the noise output level. buy what you want and use it during a decent time during the day so as not to bother other campers to much.
jack
Manteca, ca

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
Costco has a ~2k for ~$500.. 1 year no questions guarantee is hard to beat..
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I got fair service from a Kipor. Champion has a good reputation, as well. Buy from Costco for a money back guarantee.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.