cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pricing on a rockwood roo 23ikss

TKConn
Explorer
Explorer
looking for some in put on a new 2013 roo 23 ikss,if there are other owners out there I would appreciate any in put good or bad...It has power jack,awning, alloy wheels, nite shades and all the normal equitment also throwing in a wdh although I don,t know what type..Will cost 19.999.00 plus tax and title fees..are there any real negatives to owning an htt....Im currently in a hw pop up. thanks Tconn
12 REPLIES 12

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Camping at a beach is extreme camping. You have a slew of challenges to overcome. Best bet for a beach: big ole truck camper dually 4wd, onboard air compressors, and rod holder front hitch. A complete 180 from a tt, htt, popup or tent!
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

DammitJim
Explorer
Explorer
TKConn... unfortunately going with an HTT will not solve the problem you encountered with the rain. As a matter of fact, on our last trip, the winds were really bad while camping by the beach and my wife got no sleep because of the tent ends inflating and deflating with the wind and making all kinds of noises with the shepherd's poles. I want to say the one shepherd's pole came undone twice because the C clip on the end is partially broken.
We upgraded from a PUP and even though we didn't get rid of the hassle of dealing with wet tent ends (on some camping trips), it was still a great upgrade! Good luck!

rccs
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 23IKSS in June this year. We got the 2014 model and paid about $2000.00 more than that for ours. We love it so far. The 2014 model has all LED lights inside and a string of LED's across the awning at the wall of the camper (also a power awning). They moved the battery disconnect switch over to the entry door also. Also has a nice large handle outside the door instead of the small one. It took a bit of getting used to pulling the hybrid instead of our popup camper. With the popup I could look right over it with the rear view mirror. Now all I see in the rear view mirror is this large white wall.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
aepowell wrote:
Your not going to get away from the ping pong sound with any trailer.

I like the sound on my aluminum Avion.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

aepowell
Explorer
Explorer
Your not going to get away from the ping pong sound with any trailer.
Anthony & Margie Powell
Sherman,Tx.
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2013 Ram Slt Lonestar(yea its got a HEMI)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
one of the advantages a hybrid has over a popup, is that you can "turtle" when the weather is bad or you are doing a quick overnite stop.

that's when you don't open the canvas ends and you sleep on the dinette or sofa, if it's a bigger hybrid. ends up being like a smaller regular TT that requires making up the dinette to sleep on.
ones with the u-dinette make up into a really nice sized bed.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

TKConn
Explorer
Explorer
We both love the high wall,but last trip out, we got a bad rain storm in the middle of the night" first time in the pup"and it was like millions of ping pong balls slamming the roof for hours on end..Then had to pack up in the rain in the morning,needless to say the dw was not real happy after getting no sleep....Well you guys know the saying''If momma ain,t happy '''So thats the reason we are looking at hybrids plus a lot less put up and break down time...thanks for your input Tconn

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
if you love sleeping under canvas, then a hybrid will be a great step-up for you, with all the amenities that you'll have.
most hybrid owners are forum popup owners and still want to continue the canvas tent end experience. we find a regular TT to be a "shoebox".

if you didn't like dealing with the canvas of your HW pup, DON'T get a hybrid. that won't change, other than there being less canvas to deal with. the newer hybrids have pre-attached canvas and are a breeze to setup. drop the bunk door down and put the shepherd's pole in and you're done!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
What did you dislike about the hw pup?
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
The negatives and positives of a hybrid camper are the same: the tents. To be able to sleep outdoors (under tentage) you have to put up with the hassle of wet tentage and some noise. Worth it to us.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
what you need to do is get prices for a 23IKSS equipped the same, from RVW and RVDirect and use those numbers for guidance.
i know RVDirect has pickup available in Orlando, even though they're based in New York.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
MSRP is $25,065 so you are right at 20% off.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31