Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

propane bottle

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All;
A quick question.
My trailer uses the big (30 gallon) propane bottles. I only need one, but its made to take two. I like to use the second one for the smoker. Does anyone know of a way to take just one. The bracket has a arm on it so both need to be connected. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch
7 REPLIES 7

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
WDP wrote:
Keep both the 30's on the camper. Find or purchase a 20 for the smoker. You don't need the hassle of running out while camping.

WDP

That is what I would do.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
If you are running a single tank I would remove the auto switchover regulator and put a single output on the tank.
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
All Great ideas. I will use the pvc idea, and I have a stick on gauge. Thanks!!
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

WDP
Explorer
Explorer
Keep both the 30's on the camper. Find or purchase a 20 for the smoker. You don't need the hassle of running out while camping.

WDP

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took me a minute to figure out what the problem was. You like to use the other one for the smoker, that I'm assuming you leave at home?
The suggestions above will solve that. Just so you know, the reason most campers come with two is to prevent you from running out and having a backup. Something critically important since you have 30LBers which are not easily exchanged at the corner convenient store. I'd invest in one of those tank gauges that stick on the side of the tank and you pour water over to make sure I knew exactly how much propane I had prior to each trip. That or take the tank loose and weigh it on a bathroom scale. Getting refilled at a propane dealer might be a lot longer trip than you'll be happy with from some campsites.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
wrvond wrote:
PVC pipe in place of the second tank.

X2, but run a bolt-up through the tank mounting baseplate to keep the PVC pipe fro slipping out of place.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

wrvond
Explorer
Explorer
PVC pipe in place of the second tank.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2017 F350 Lariat 6.7L DRW