cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about lowering unhitched 2 wheel travel trailer

OregonMan
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I have a 20 foot 2 wheel 2018 wolf pup travel trailer from Forest River. It has a manual crank to unhitch and I use a cinder block underneath the metal hitch bar to give clearance for the truck to get out. This is probably a dumb question, but is it safe to lower the travel trailer once unhitched? My main concern is: is there a bunch of weight being supported by the hitch bar being propped up on the cinder block for the truck clearance? Will lowering it cause damage? My trailer is currently at a slight angle downward and would like to correct if safe to do so. Thanks for any feedback.
16 REPLIES 16

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
999 times out of a thousand cinder blocks are fine. Do you feel lucky?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I really would not use a cinder block... I like solid blocks of wood.

I use a couple of 4x8 blocks that are only around 18" long and stack them.

I can break a cinder block with a small hammer... Or just dropping it..

The cinder block is heavier than my chunks of scrape wood, so there you go.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.