cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on Jayco Hybrid specs

jagermeister
Explorer
Explorer
I've started looking at the hybrid travel trailers and came across some discrepancies in the specs for a two of the Jayco models that I'm looking at. The x18d and x23f.

On Jayco's website, for the x23f, it lists the ccc as 1,820 lbs. However, on rvdirect's website, it lists the ccc as only 830 lbs. RVdirect also lists a different hitch weight. Same thing with the x18d. There's a difference of around 1,000 lbs in listed ccc.

I'm thinking the specs on rvdirect's website are in error? Or can like models have different specs most likely based on different axles being used?

Thanks for any help.
5 REPLIES 5

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Campfire Time wrote:
1k lbs seems very off. However, the listing on Jayco's website is based on "dry weight", with no options. Even though they now list the "Customer Value Package" as mandatory, I'm sure they are not including those weights (small as they might be) in the listed "dry weight".

The dealer is probably listing the CCC based on the yellow sticker on the side of the trailer which is much closer to a real number than what's listed on Jayco's web site. The yellow sticker lists the weight as shipped from the factory including 2 full propane tanks (even though they aren't full!). The hitch weight is a calculation based on 10-15% of the weight of the trailer. They list it as a heavier trailer then the Jayco "dry weight", hence a heavier hitch.

Still, the 1k discrepancy seems awful high. With options, my X20E shipped weight is only about 350# more than they published dry weight. You might call or e-mail the dealer and ask what the shipped weight is on the yellow sticker.
Yea, the sticker weight on my 25E was only 8 lbs. more than the published weight.

jagermeister
Explorer
Explorer
No, same year and everything. I'm thinking it might be a typo. Just looking at the roo's on their website, looks like all the weight specs match up to those reported on the Forest River website.

I wrote rvd an email and am waiting to hear back.

ryanb-72
Explorer
Explorer
Could they possibly be different year models? I know our camper has a lower capacity than same model a year or two newer.
2012 Jayco X17Z
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost 4x4
Kipor KGE 3000TI

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
you should call RVD and ask if their numbers are from the yellow sticker or from somewhere else.

manufacturer website/brochure numbers are famous for their inaccuracy.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
1k lbs seems very off. However, the listing on Jayco's website is based on "dry weight", with no options. Even though they now list the "Customer Value Package" as mandatory, I'm sure they are not including those weights (small as they might be) in the listed "dry weight".

The dealer is probably listing the CCC based on the yellow sticker on the side of the trailer which is much closer to a real number than what's listed on Jayco's web site. The yellow sticker lists the weight as shipped from the factory including 2 full propane tanks (even though they aren't full!). The hitch weight is a calculation based on 10-15% of the weight of the trailer. They list it as a heavier trailer then the Jayco "dry weight", hence a heavier hitch.

Still, the 1k discrepancy seems awful high. With options, my X20E shipped weight is only about 350# more than they published dry weight. You might call or e-mail the dealer and ask what the shipped weight is on the yellow sticker.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)