cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

REFRIGERATOR

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to have something weird going on with my refrig in my travel trailer. Every couple of hours the igniter for the gas will start to spark and try to light the gas part of the frig but the gas is turned off and I am plugged in to shore power so there is no need for the gas side of the frig it only tries for a couple of minutes and then quits.is this the beginning of a failing board or what else could be causing this? When I am not plugged in to power the frig works just fine on the gas side not sure what to look for at this point.
3 REPLIES 3

dpowli
Explorer
Explorer
In that case, I believe your first guess may have been correct... the control board may be malfunctioning. Better get it checked out at your earliest convenience. :h

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
it is cooling on electric and on gas just fine but it is kinda annoying to hear that striker clicking away when it is not needed the automatic works just fine when shore power is removed it starts the gas mode but I don't understand why the gas igniter stills tries to light when power is back on

dpowli
Explorer
Explorer
I assume the fridge is not cooling? If so, check to see that it is set to "Auto" and not set on "Gas", When set to Auto it will sense if there is 110V available and will shut down the gas circuit. As soon as the 110V is removed it will attempt to switch over to propane. When set to Gas, there is no automatic switch over. Hope this helps. Good Luck.