cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removeable Mud Flaps

Roadtech
Explorer
Explorer
I need to buy some mud flaps for my 2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax. I want removeable ones and I like the ones that mount on the hitch, but I am having a problem finding ones that will work with my 2" Hensley Arrow hitch into a 2 1/2 to 2" receiver adapter. I called Rock Tamer and they say I need a minimum 1 inch of stinger from the face of the receiver. My stinger is a dropdown type and the part of the stinger that drops down is right up against the receiver. What other good ones might work. Also, I need to work around the large diesel exhaust pipe at the rear.
4 REPLIES 4

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
You could weld a second 2" tube under the real hitch. Use it for the hitch mounted mud flaps.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at Road Wing, they may work for you.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
I keep thinking about a removable set myself, so please post up what you decide to buy (or make if you go that route).

One hang up I have also is the darn exhaust out the back corner. I have even considered making a mount that attaches to the hitch, and use a pin to secure the mud flap "bar". While it wouldn't work with your Hensley, I have even consider making one that attaches to the bottom of the drop shank, below the hitch head.

Between protecting the front of the tt, and keeping road slop off the front of the clamshell snowmobile trailer, need to figure something out!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if they will work with your needs, but I can recommend the Stromberg Carlson tow guard

I like it on mine.

2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB