cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replaced Jensen antennae with King Jack

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer came with a Jensen Omni directional antennae which was basically worthless. I decided to go with the King Jack because I park my trailer under the carport at home and if I want to use the TV at home, a Wingard wouldn't be able to crank up. Also, the Jensen was mounted so the cable went into the trailer concealed in a cabinet and the Winegard wouldn't fit in the existing spot, but the King would.
The King is a skitch taller than the vent covers, and a full 2" shorter than the AC, so all is good. I removed the Jensen, measured to make sure the inside part would clear the cabinet framework, and drilled a 2 1/4" hole. I drilled a hole to run the antennae cable that was covered by the base, attached the cables, and used Dicor sealent and screwed it down. I used the existing Jensen wall plate assembly since it has a 12volt outlet for the TV.
Sitting in the driveway, I now get about several more stations and they don't keep cutting out like before.
Old
new

The inside assembly, there was a blank on the opening so I just removed it.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson
16 REPLIES 16

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Is it lower than that fantastic vent cover. I would like to change mine, but I have it covered with a fantastic vent cover to prevent it getting snagged by a tree branch. I also do not think I can access the insido f the ceiling underneath it

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Just wait till you get it outside! You will love it!!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.