cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing metal roof with EPDM?

Winky11
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I am new to the camper world, I have an 80s MAN-O-WAR 25ft camper. I am completely redoing it cause the water damage doesn't seem to end... my biggest question is on the roof because I cant seem to find good info on metal roofs... can I replace the metal roof with an EPDM roof? seems like the EPDM would be a better choice (no seams). the current roof leaks at all the seams, a few holes and there are a ton of patch places ( one is almost 2'x2'). I will be getting ready to remove the roof to fix and replace the cross members so I would like to get all my ducks in a row. thanks in advance! looking forward to becoming part of the community here.
4 REPLIES 4

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just put EPDM over the metal roof.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
they make a sealer you can paint on the metal roofs. can't tell you how many I've painted over the years.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I would try to leave the roof intact and do the repairs from the inside. I would use traditional roofing mesh tape and patch compound on the seams and then a sealer coat on the entire roof.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I would do something like this company in FL does. Maybe call and ask them for a local referral.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS