cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood Roo 183 TT

waterbrook
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Ford F-150 3.7L V-6 Lx regular cab with 8ft bed. We were just looking at a rockwood roo 183 to purchase. We think we will be ok with pulling. Any suggestions? New to this. Will this truck pull it? I think we are ok up to around 5000 with hitch sway bar and trailer. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

waterbrook
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again bikendan. The f-150 is a 4x2. on the sticker it says GCWR is 6700. I'm looking for the payload amt. Don't know what it is. I am going over to the dealership Friday anyways so I will get some answers to what I need,hopefully. Have a good day and thanks again for all your input.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
then look at page 15 of the 2013 Ford Towing Guide:

2013 Ford Towing Guide

you also need to post whether it's 4x2 or 4x4 and what the truck's GCWR is. the range is 5500lbs. to 6700lbs., depending on the GCWR.
you also need to look on your driver's door sticker for the payload amount and post that.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

waterbrook
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan: sorry. our F-150 is a 2013 yes it has factory tow package. I will find out about the rear end ratio. thanks for your reply.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
waterbrook wrote:
We have a Ford F-150 3.7L V-6 Lx regular cab with 8ft bed. We were just looking at a rockwood roo 183 to purchase. We think we will be ok with pulling. Any suggestions? New to this. Will this truck pull it? I think we are ok up to around 5000 with hitch sway bar and trailer. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!

how do you know that you're ok up to 5000lbs.?
does it have the factory tow package and what rear end ratio does it have? what year is it?

the 183 will easily weigh near its GVWR of over 4700lbs., loaded for camping.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes