cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Repair Question

jimmyinsd
Explorer
Explorer
First off, thanks to all of you, I have been lurking here for about a year and have gained so much from this forum. ( isnt the net a wonderful place? )

My question is this, I recently found a leak in our TT that seems to be originating from the front corner of our roof. ( where the cap, sidewall and roof form a corner.) it appears that this has been a growing issue as when I went up there I noticed that the corner of the plywood ( about a 6x6 triangular area) is spongy.

My question is can I dig out the existing silicone, dicor, and other caulk substances, replace with new dicor, clean the surfaces and then lay eternabond over this, or do i need to peel the roof, replace the bad wood and start over with a new roof.

its on a 95 electra, so the cost of repairs vs the cost of the unit are a potential hangup, but any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Jim
2 REPLIES 2

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
I would peel the roof back and replace plywood esp if you are planning on keeping the Rv. This would be cost effective if you do the work yourself. There a lot of videos out there that will assist you with the repair. Good luck.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
is it a rubber/tpo roof that can be peeled back to get at the bad/rotten area? is that corner of wood totally destroyed or is there some good material left? can you just remove the corner, replace it with good wood and put the membrane back down?
bumpy