cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV manufactures

Joebear_movie_l
Explorer
Explorer
:?Hi, can I get opinions about which RV manufactures to avoid and which you know to be quality, good ones? Thanks.
:C
20 REPLIES 20

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
All brands do have lemons but one manufacture I would avoid is Dutchmen.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I've said this many times but once more won't hurt. Find a manufacturer that has the floorplan you want. Then find the local dealer. Visit and speak to those bringing their unit in for service and see what they have to say.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

path1
Explorer
Explorer
"opinions" on this matter are all over the map, what is "good" to one person just may be a total "lemon" for another.

Rather than concentrating on brand quality you are better off finding a RV that suits your taste.

Wish I would of said it like that in above post . My thoughts exactly!!!!
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
"opinions" on this matter are all over the map, what is "good" to one person just may be a total "lemon" for another.

Rather than concentrating on brand quality you are better off finding a RV that suits your taste.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
No matter the answer you still get lucky or not. When we bought new Holiday Rambler with very good reviews turned out to be a biggest piece of junk and right from dealer. All the hidden stuff you couldn't see. Like the drain pipe with plumbing strap around it (behind wall) held in with screw drilled into pipe. Lemon from day 1 even with all the good info from others. Nobody in our family has never bought a new RV since this junker. And most of the very good maufactures couldn't compete with shoddy work of the "staple as fast as you can" manufactures. IMO quality has come up a bit in last few years, but be very careful.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airstream, Artic Fox, And I would look into Livin light, all aluminum units, there are other good brands of TT but these came to mind.