cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Securing rocking chairs while towing?

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
What's the best way to tow with rocking chairs? I've seen some plans where two chairs are on one side. Seems like it would be easy for chairs to damage each other if simply strapped back to back. My rear living room doesn't have that problem since they turn sideways and sit against the wall.

So how do you guys secure your rocking chairs for travel?
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow
5 REPLIES 5

Bisker
Explorer
Explorer
We can't strap them back to back as there is a small table between them. The slide out does keep one of them contained and we stow a big tupperware box back there that keeps the other one from moving.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Our chairs have to be moved to put the slide in. As luck would have it, there is just the right amount of space between the kitchen countertop and a small built in cabinet to put them side by side with the backs close to the exterior door that we don't have to secure them at all. The table with the lamp fits against the back wall and the slide keeps it in place. Not a bad set up at all. No straps needed and they don't move an inch.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
So no scuffing/tearing of the chair backs while traveling with them back to back?
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine were strapped together - back to back...

I was going to mount this type of recessed D-RING anchor in the floor next to wall but never got around to doing it...

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
We strap ours back to back an have not had any issue. The straps that hold them are screwed to the floor. I did change the screw out to a larger one that I know will hold better.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150