cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sending a TT back to the factory

CND_SuperCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever made an argument for a dealer to send a TT back to the manufacturer d/t gross deficiencies?
TV 2012 F150 loaded XLT EB SuperCrew 7700GVWR Maxtow 6.5'
TT 2021 Keystone Passport GT 2870RL
13 REPLIES 13

Over_here
Explorer
Explorer
ORV creek side 23rks.
2017 Ram 2500 w/stuff
2016 ORV Timber Ridge 240rks w/more stuff

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Over here wrote:
A few weeks later when it was finished I towed it across town and traded it off!!

What did you replace it with?
I think there's only 1 RV dealer in Pendleton.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Over_here
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
Keystone does not.

In fact keystone doesโ€ฆat least at the Pendleton, Oregon factory.
I took my 5 month old 2014 bullet back there for repairs. A few weeks later when it was finished I towed it across town and traded it off!!
2017 Ram 2500 w/stuff
2016 ORV Timber Ridge 240rks w/more stuff

CND_SuperCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately the dealer we purchased from is small and I'm not sure they have the ability to make the necessary repairs, which incl 2 walls being removed.
TV 2012 F150 loaded XLT EB SuperCrew 7700GVWR Maxtow 6.5'
TT 2021 Keystone Passport GT 2870RL

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
ken56 wrote:
Keystone does not.

So what happens if a dealer can't fix a problem?

Does the customer just start throwing lawyers at it?

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
K-Z, as I just found out, uses Camping World for their repairs. Wondering if there are any satisfied customers there
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5โ€“/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone does not.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design has a factory service center but the backup is several months.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was sent back to the factory by dealer request twice, because neither dealer had the equipment to remove my mega-slide to replace the Schwintek system. ORV had zero qualms about it. Once they picked it up from the dealer, the other other time from my house because that's where it failed. The factory did some some cosmetic repairs and did some upgrades at no charge, so I was very happy with. Once of those trips I had to pick it up myself due to snow-chains requirements (transport company policy not to transport when chains are required) and ORV covered all of my expenses.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
That would be one advantage of buying a brand that doesn't use dealerships - The factory immediately handles customers' problems, as a routine matter.

(And yes, there are disadvantages as well.)

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream will repair their units if requested.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Yep, I know that Northwood Mfg and Outdoors RV will do factory repairs on a unit, repairs which are way above the capabilities of a dealer. They will do warranty work as well as non warranty work at the factory.

I haven't heard of a customer "arguing the point to take the unit back to the factory", it's always been a situation where the dealer couldn't do the work and the customer was willing to go back to the factory.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
There have been many posts here about folks taking their trailer back to the factory for repairs - usually because the dealer had exhausted all his resources and could not fix the problem or possibly because the problem was above the dealers capability. Sometimes it is because the owner is dissatisfied with the dealers service.

Many different reasons but the bottom line is that most brands have a way to take a customers unit and fix it. They often will fix other items that the owner didn't even know were broken! In addition, some factories will pick up the unit and transfer it back to the factory and maybe deliver it back to the owner. I would imagine that would depend on the amount and reason for the work.
Good luck.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine