cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Siding Recomendation ?

Shortbus
Explorer
Explorer
I have a hand-built truck camper I purchased from the builder. It is built very well, but he ran out of money and time when he got to the exterior. There is Luan on the outside now, painted. I need to put something over it, or replace all of it. I don't have a ton of money to put into the project at this time, but want to put something on it that will last. I store it in the garage, but use it in all weather.

Open to any suggestions you have

Thanks

Shortbus
18 REPLIES 18

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
There are some durable 2 part epoxy coatings used in marine applications. They can be brushed on, and will seal the luan for a goodly period. Be sure to prime the wood first and caulk the seams well.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
dadwolf2 wrote:
Aluminum siding would be on my short list.

It would also be the most durable and cheapest option IMO.

X2
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
dadwolf2 wrote:

It would also be the most durable and cheapest option IMO.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB