cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides and More Slides

RetiredBeanCoun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks in advance everyone! My goal in purchasing a truck camper, beyond quality and price, is to get the largest interior possible relative to the smallest exterior. In other words, the largest number of slides (three), that have the longest width, and extend out the greatest distance.

Therefore, on new, I am limited to either Eagle Cap and Host, both of which appear to be reasonable quality with Host being higher in price. I am going to the show in Tampa next month to sort this out.

I like both brands, but particularly like the layout of the EC 1165, However, from exterior pictures the 1165 looks much larger than the Mammoth/Everest, and it is in fact 20'10"x 8'6" where the Mammoth/Everest is 19'3" x 8'0". For those that have been in both, does the interior of the 1165 appear to be that much larger, or does Host make up for it in the slides. I was unable to find specific information on the length and width of slides.
2020 Eagle Cap 1165, 2019 F450 Regular Cab
20 REPLIES 20

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is still only so much sqft of space. Arraggment can make some difference in precieved space. The Mamoth has that rear slide that can accomodate things like washer/dryer, closet or couch.

RetiredBeanCoun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bedlam, So you looked at both. Do you recall whether the 1165 looked that much larger on the inside. I am also leaning a bit toward Host. I would pick the 1165 due to layout (have not seen quality yet), but photos make it look enormous on the back of a truck as compared to the Host; particularly the amount it hangs off the back of the bed. At the show I will see both, but likely not sitting on a truck.

Bedlam
For us, it was a choice between the Eagle Cap 1165 and Host Mammoth. We decided on the Mammoth based on better workmanship and preferred choice of equipment.

Seattle has an RV show at the beginning of each year (February) and has a good selection of truck campers since many are made in the northwest.

https://seattlervshow.com/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Found it. Thanks! Definitely going.

RetiredBeanCoun
Explorer
Explorer
The Florida RV Supershow; the largest in the country.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredBeanCounter wrote:
Thanks in advance everyone! My goal in purchasing a truck camper, beyond quality and price, is to get the largest interior possible relative to the smallest exterior. In other words, the largest number of slides (three), that have the longest width, and extend out the greatest distance.

Therefore, on new, I am limited to either Eagle Cap and Host, both of which appear to be reasonable quality with Host being higher in price. I am going to the show in Tampa next month to sort this out.

I like both brands, but particularly like the layout of the EC 1165, However, from exterior pictures the 1165 looks much larger than the Mammoth/Everest, and it is in fact 20'10"x 8'6" where the Mammoth/Everest is 19'3" x 8'0". For those that have been in both, does the interior of the 1165 appear to be that much larger, or does Host make up for it in the slides. I was unable to find specific information on the length and width of slides.

I'm in the same situation. What show is this in Tampa?