cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small bunkhouses with slide?

kincade
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking to switch it up and get out of our Hybrid TT... We are looking for smaller bunkhouses with the following requirements:

-queen bed accessible from both sides.
-2-3 bunks
-decent size slideout to give some floorspace
-some counter space for kitchen prep

We really liked the Lance 2185 but it's too long for our pad at 25'. The ideal trailer would be very similar but a bit shorter.

Any tips you could give us would be greatly appreciated.
39 REPLIES 39

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
Double post sorry!

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy. Don't know if it fits the bill but we have been looking for a trailer with the same criteria as yours. Came across a Shasta 25 RS which looks good but the dealer here does not have it in stock so would probably need to go to Idaho (I think) to see one. It has no oven but that's ok cuz they seem to be toys anyway. 26 feet 9 inches and 4630 pounds works fine for me. As it happens we went to the RV show and my wife likes the Dutchmen 275 BH. It has no slide but it seems roomy enough for wife, 11 year old daughter and me. Good luck!

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy. Don't know if it fits the bill but we have been looking for a trailer with the same criteria as yours. Came across a Shasta 25 RS which looks good but the dealer here does not have it in stock so would probably need to go to Idaho (I think) to see one. It has no oven but that's ok cuz they seem to be toys anyway. 26 feet 9 inches and 4630 pounds works fine for me. As it happens we went to the RV show and my wife likes the Dutchmen 275 BH. It has no slide but it seems roomy enough for wife, 11 year old daughter and me. Good luck!

kincade
Explorer
Explorer
Back looking at these after the RV show today... LOVED the lance 2185, but at only a discount of $3k off of a $35k sticker price we had to pass. The Nash 25C looks nice but is much longer (3') and a bit too long for our pad.

Do any of you know of other trailers similar to the lance 2185?

And, are there any 'discount' dealers that sell the Lance? We bought our Rockwood 21SS from House of Camping in IL and had a great experience, but HOC, Rv Wholesalers, and RV Direct all do not sell Lance.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

kincade
Explorer
Explorer
Any other trailers that might fit this criteria?

kincade
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, appreciate the advice! Must not bee too many trailers that fit this category!

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Opps sorry missed that. Try this one.

http://www.skylinerv.com/index.php?q=node/109&ID=3257&page=1
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

kincade
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Goldstalker... Looking for one with a slide ideally but that looks like a nice trailer!

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/sunset-trail/super-lite/floorplans/travel-trailers/item/st190fd
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

Rescue16
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. Wanted something bigger then the hybrid but not a much room on the Parking pad. My solution ended up widenning the Parking paid by 4 feet and extending it by 17 feet. Now have a 35 footer on the parking paid. Luckily I already had the tow beast to tow it. They say a happy wife is a happy life and she is now happy.

Best of luck on your search hope you get a better solution then I did!!

:W
Rescue 16 - United States Navy Retired and Proud
Lovely Wife Carla 🙂
The Crew Alicia and Johnathan :B
The Camping Dog Kamp Chaos 🙂
2013 Keystone Cougar 32RBK
2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke