cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Soft & sometimes soggy ground

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from a full blown concrete pad, what are my options to keep a 8-9k pound tt from sinking into the ground?
18 REPLIES 18

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If this is a parking site at your home, a load of gravel is an easy way to make a pad.

Alternatively,
- you could just do short 2ft wide pads for the wheels to rest on (maybe another small one for the the tongue jack).
- Landscaping blocks can also be used.

Wood is OK for short periods but not ideal if its' going to be longer term.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about trailer leveling, but I had a problem leveling my motorhome on a muddy campsite. As I extended my front two jacks (left and right), they just kept sinking...even with wood blocks under each of them. A nice fellow camper brought me a long piece of wood about the width of my motorhome. We laid that down under the jacks so both would extend onto the same long piece of wood. That worked much better. I just left the wood there for the next camper.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
The ground is pretty bad off in the winter & spring. Since this is going to be parked there a while. I was thinking getting 2 sheets of 4x8ft x 3/4 inch marine grade plywood & having lowes rip it down the middle long way to create a 2foot width then have them cut it every 2 foot apart to create a 2x2foot square.Make 5 pads out of the 2 sheets.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used thick boards in muddy campsites when we boondock. It works ok but it is a pain to pry up the sunken boards after the mud has dried. Don't ask me how I know this.

You could use flat rocks, if they are available. The advantage is that unlike boards, you don't have to pack them up and take them home.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."