cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stabilizer Question

far733
Explorer
Explorer
I have been contemplating on getting some Bal Lock-Arm Stabilizers or the Steadyfast System. My understanding is that these mount to the frame of the TT. My TT has an enclosed underbelly that covers the frame. So, those of you with enclosed underbellies, how do you go about installing these? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put mine right on the underbelly material. Why cut it. Mine had self tapping screws holding it in and I was able to use a couple of those to put my brackets on. If they can put a screw through it, so can I. I put on two per jack so I have them at 90 degrees to each other. that way there is no front/back or left/right movement.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
X2. I just installed mine last week. The difference is amazing. The trailer used to wiggle so much that it snapped the heads off 2 bolts holding the jacks. No the tt doesn't move at all.

The install was fairly easy. You could bolt through the plastic underbelly into the frame. Once the bolt is tightened it would just compress the plastic. I just cut a 1" square where the bolt would go through so it was against the frame.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
My wife loves them. You can cut around the plastic and fill with the expanding foam. Look where your drain comes out it'll have the same. But you can put them with the plastic in between them and the frame. It doesn't hurt anything and you wont have an opening around the mounts. The underbelly is just cheep plastic like plastic cardboard.