Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Travel Trailer tongue height?

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all.

We just purchased a 2013 Wilderness 2750RL and just had a Springdale 202QB. I am wondering if trailer manufacturers have a standard drawbar height, or is it different from trailer to trailer.

My truck hitch is set up for the Springdale height which is 19" I think. will the Wilderness be different?

I am 1000 miles from either right now, so I can't just go there to measure them.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)
6 REPLIES 6

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
ssthrd wrote:
Thanks Guys. I didn't think it would be simple. Looks like I'll just have to wait until I can introduce the truck to the trailer in September.
That is your best bet. There is no standard TT tongue height. For instance, when my TT is perfectly level, the top of my TT hitch coupler is 28" high.

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys. I didn't think it would be simple. Looks like I'll just have to wait until I can introduce the truck to the trailer in September.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Call your nearest Reese hitch installer and ask them. There is a number that they regularly use when they install a hitch that works 90 percent of the time. I think, but I am not sure, that the number was 19", and I don't know if that was to the top of the ball or where it was measured to.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on a little quick googling and my immense knowledge of TTs, I am going to guess 22" above the ground.

Reason I say that is it looks like the axles are underslung (axles under springs) and tires are 15" and by way of comparison to our own TT. Could be an inch off that either way tho... Would be okay to tow home with nose down a bit, but not up very much at all. Take some tools and be prepared to adjust/flip the shank and adjust the bar angle as needed to get adequate weight back onto the steer axle. May depend on what your shank is like and height of the receiver. Set the initial ball height at 1" height above the TT coupler (with TT level) which you can do before you leave to get the trailer.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum...

No way of telling exactly..different size wheels and tires, different axle mounting configurations, different tongue style, different suspension, different frames...on and on.

I've have 4 previous trailers and have one on order now...all have had different tongue heights.

Maybe you could call ahead. Have the seller/dealer level the trailer and measure the tongue height for you???

Good luck with it and enjoy your new rig.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Even a duplicate model TT and TV can have different setups depending how they are both loaded. You will need your specific TT, loaded, for fine tuning your setup.
I love me some land yachting