cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Starcraft RTz owners: Does anyone have the part # for...

tsanjose
Explorer
Explorer
the Thetford cassette toilet pump? I keep blowing fuses and I hear the pump might be going bad.
4 REPLIES 4

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think your RT13 is a 2007 model if I recall correctly. Maybe I should start keeping an ear out for my cassette potty pump haha...

We are having a couple of setbacks here with my RoyB retirement Sequestration but hope to get going again possible next season... Hoping that light at the end of the tunnel ahead is not going to be a dang ole train hehe...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
TSAN - Mine has been flawless since 2008... We probably have the same one...

I never thought I would like having the cassette potty but it has its advantages.. Especially at 2AM in the morning...

Mine has the shower combo with it and it is big bust for us. I think it has only been used once since the 2008 purchase. If I had my druthers I would just have the stand alone cassette potty console and gain a few more inches around the bed-end we use. I guess there is just something strange about sitting on the pot to take a shower haha...

Spin the pump and use some wd-40 probably
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

tsanjose
Explorer
Explorer
yeah roy, for the RT. i have my manuals it's just inside the pup and i haven't opened her up yet. i did some searching on the internet and i have the part number now. the cassette model i have is the thetford c4. pump is ~$50 not too bad. but i also read that some people are just pulling it and working the impeller loose to fix it. a common issue on the cassette toilets.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey TSAN - Just enter the cassette potty manf number into GOGGLE followed by the word 'MANUAL' and you should find a part number that way.

I haven't looked yet but my RT14 probably came with the cassette potty manual in my manual package. It has a whole bunch of installed appliances manuals included.
If they want bunches of monies for that part I would go to WALMART and pick up a 12VDC boat pump. They don't cost all that much as the capacity is very low. Shouldnt be hard to retrofit any 12VDC small capacity pump to your pottie flush switch.

This is for your RT13 right...

Roy Ken
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS